Complaining over post dislikes / downvotes

by Simon 54 Replies latest forum announcements

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Freemind that was outstanding sir.

• Sevan
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

...if you think @simon is unfair there's simply no hope for you.

I've argued with him over guns told him his wrong according to my opinion on various things. Always much ado about nothing. In other words no on is talking about someone's mamma, wife children etc.

Simply debate. If your agenda is beyond reasonable respectful debate just move along...

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, I was a member here 15 years ago and see things haven't changed all that much.When people realize they've been in a destructive cult they react in different ways, and sometimes it's not pretty.

I think it's easy to label everything the result of being in the WTS but honestly, you go on any internet community and you often see crap like this, whatever the subject. I'm sure there is some affect that the WTS has that makes people behave how they do but mostly it's just people that don't seem able to interact in a civil way or go online precisely to vent their frustrations - the modern equivalent of being rude with the person at a store checkout just because you've had a bad day.

Polite requests are met with arguments, insults, accusations, you name it. There's too much rude, obnoxious behaviour on the internet and not enough standing up to it and saying "no, not here".

• cofty
    cofty
    I think it's easy to label everything the result of being in the WTS

Yes it is the default explanation/insult/excuse for absolutely everything that happens on ex-JW forums.

Lazy, lazy thinking.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@cofty is right on this one. society is too soft in my opinion.

The result of change is often proceeded by debate and openness.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

We live in a hypersensative time. I don't care for it, but I think its a symptom that our lives are pretty safe, easy, peaceful. Its on of the things I miss about New York, like real new york. No one got offended, and people were constantly confrontational. Keeps things real, keeps things honest. So down vote this into oblivion, doesn't effect one iota of my real life lol

• steve2
    steve2

Good advice Simon. More easily bruised individuals need to remind themselves the categories are 'only' "Like" and "Dislike" not "True" and "Untrue" or "You are a worthless toad" and "You shine better than everyone else"

The next observation is this: When others click Dislike on your post, carefully check the ground beneath your feet: Has it begun to open up and threatened to swallow you? Probably not. Your bruises will heal

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can I just say, you are all behaving like elders and anyone who dislikes this post is clearly a Nazi.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Slightly off topic; I don't believe that votes should be visible on the main page because it may deter some from participating in what may otherwise be a fruitful topic. Some topics with merit might get little to no votes either way and some might be dissuaded to click on them because they misjudge the topic to have little interest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit