What did you have for Christmas dinner?

by GrreatTeacher 37 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    We are going non traditional this year, barbeque tri tip (sirloin), marinated and cooked in a Komodo style grill, garlic French bread, barbeque beans and Sunshine salad (oranges, red and orange bell peppers, avocado, red onions, candied walnuts) with a Tiramisu Buche Noel (Yule log).
  • Simon
    Simon
    Simon will make the gravy and then declare that it's the gravy that makes the meal

Ehem ... I also peel all the veg!

Partly because I actually like doing it but also because someone is a danger to themselves and others when they have a veg peeler in their hand and when it comes to veg I'm firmly on the side of the "abstain from blood" edict.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    GrreatTeacher, No, just got back from the restaurant. I don't want to fight the crowds at the theater.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    someone is a danger to themselves and others when they have a veg peeler in their hand and when it comes to veg I'm firmly on the side of the "abstain from blood"
    Are you implying that women can't handle knives properly??? (Says Lisa who is currently sporting a band aid having just prepared bloody apples for the cheese board)
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Hmm, bloody apples. Maybe the wrong holiday, LisaRose?
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Dinner was prime rib and beaujolais nouveau. Dessert was gingerbread and beaujolais nouveau.

I can still type, I think I need more beaujolais nouveau.

• talesin
    talesin

Had it last week; the traditional turkey with trimmings. Cooked by someone else, hooray! For a change.

Today? Chocolate bars, chips, and some chicken and mashed. Oh, and some Rolos to finish the evening. : D

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

We have my families favorite meal, slow cooks carnitas with homemade beans and Spanish rice.

We've learned from Thanksgiving that were not the traditional Turkey dinner and all its fixings kind of family.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes, the gravy makes the meal.

Just the regular of course. Roast turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes, cabbage rolls, perogies.

Now with leftover for almost a week after. Warmed-up dressing, turkey and leftovers tomorrow. In the days to follow turkey meat pies and sandwiches for work,LOL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What did you have for Christmas dinner?

.......http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-27-2014/JC0fS5.gif

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit