Only baptised JWs will make it?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I think it was a John Cedars video or someone else’s where the point was brought up that only baptised JWs will be saved? Then one talk about kids of baptised JWs hope they will make it but even them don’t know. I think that was ToMo3 said that?

Most JWs probably think that some good people who are not baptised may make it through, but this is not official teaching?

has anyone got any links to what the official doctrine is?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't think I ever had that impression. People who had shown interest and were studying with JWs would be expected to survive Armageddon and get a chance to earn salvation.

I wondered about the "only JWs" part because there were people out there who were good people, but they weren't JWs. Was Jehovah really going to wipe them out because they didn't answer the knock at the door?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I think most JWs think that there will be some non baptised people for whatever reason will survive Armageddon.

But the official teaching is you have to be baptised or children of baptised parents.

I hope someone here can find a link to what the actual official teaching is?

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

While there has been very little actually put in print about this recently (other than discussions of 1 Pet 3:21), the common understanding by Witnesses is ...

Only baptized Witnesses (in good congregational standing and without secrete sins) and their personal unbaptized very minor children with survive Armageddon.

Those people who may be interested or the fence for some reason, will have to make a stand to support Jehovah, the Kingdom and the Society before the destruction of Babylon the Great, or their personal fate will be sealed, to die with the rest of godless mankind.

Regarding inactive Brothers and Sisters ... and those associated with the Truth but have mental disorders, their future is unfortunately a little more greyer.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Only baptized Witnesses (in good congregational standing and without secrete sins) and their personal unbaptized very minor children with survive Armageddon.”

I remember Lloyd Evans talking about this but can’t find the video.

I wonder if you ask most witnesses will any unbaptised people survive Armageddon what will most say?

I think the top dogs are worried about the new trend of young ones and interest ones not getting baptised. I mean if you still get saved then why not delay baptism and not have such serious repercussions if you are found doing something the elders don’t like.

Tjere has been a change recently that you need to be baptised to do microphones or platform or actually any job in the hall. When I was young I did all those things before baptism but now the organised book says you have to be baptised.

this is probably a desperate attempt to reverse the trend of young ones delaying baptism but it has backfired and now there is such a shortage of baptised brothers that sisters are doing mics and platform when there are unbaptised young men in the audience.

The order is first option baptised brothers, if there is not enough of them then baptised sisters and if not enough of them then you can use unbaptised brothers or sisters for ‘privileges ’

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

This is all the carrot on the stick. My dad thinks that only baptized Witnesses or ones studying will be saved. People need to attend meetings and field service. He believes that because that is what he has been told over the years. He has been told that by the ones who are leading the program. This whole belief is just a motivator to make people attend the meetings and be active.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There was a video,,,the speaker was clearly saying ""only baptized JWs will survive Armageddon",,,then he reiterated the same thing but slower,,,,'"only baptized JWs will survive Armageddon"""

I know the video you're talking about.

A few years ago,,,just before the pandemic.

I just cant remember who or when that was. I cant begin to comb through the videos to find it.

But the way he was talking,,,,the very intent of the 'speaker' was very clear. To fear and control.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Yes there have been videos saying that only baptism will save you.

Im sure Lloyd Evans did one video saying “in case a JW says no, some good people who are not baptised JWs will also not be slaughtered,” then he went on to show something in the publication’s.,,,.. but I can’t find it now

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve encountered a whole spectrum of views among JWs on this. Some think you need to get baptised to be sure of being saved. This was sometimes used to pressure people young people or Bible studies who were delaying baptism. Others think interested ones will be saved if not yet baptised. Others think that “honest hearted” ones who haven’t heard the good news (such as in China) might be saved by Jehovah.

On the flip side I’ve heard others assume that only JWs will make it, but that only a proportion of JWs will be judged worthy and make it into the new system - maybe a half, two thirds, or one third, depending on the view of their fellow brothers and sisters. One sister used to say “half of us are here to try the other half”, meaning that only around half of JWs will be saved at Armageddon, and the function of the other half who won’t make it is to serve as a test of faith, presumably by their behaviour and antics, for the other faithful half.

In terms of official Watchtower teaching, they are all over the place too. Some Watchtowers imply that baptism is required for salvation. Others say that Jehovah is the judge and it is not for us to say. They have also flip-flopped on the issue of whether unbaptised children of JWs will survive Armageddon, at times implying that they might not, and and other times implying that they would. I don’t think they currently have a firm ruling on the issue in print, but certain talks in recent years have revisited a hardline attitude.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Most Witnesses have enough cognitive dissonance to believe a proportion of good people who were never exposed to the truth will be saved.

They can't face the fact Watchtower has always maintained, with the exception of very young kids of baptised witnesses, only those baptised have the possibility of being saved. Most Witnesses will say even baptism is no guarantee. But of course that's not addressing the real question!

I'm sure a search of old publications will bring up plenty of quotes - try Avoidjw.org - and yes Antony Morris repeated that idea in a recent video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit