Only baptised JWs will make it?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This quote is fudging the point. It's basically saying that of those alive today only the ones who become witnesses have the possibility of being saved.

It asks the question "Will only Jehovahs Witnesses be saved?"

"No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I got baptized in late 1973, partly due to parental pressure, partly due to fear of Armageddon. I regretted it as soon as I came up from the water. I had just turned 14.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

2019 October - WT Study Edition Pg. 11 Par 14

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

I distinctly remember hearing and reading that being baptized was no guarantee of getting through. We were told that even if we were doing everything to the best of our ability, J could read our heart and mind and decide we were not good enough.

Now, I suspect that by saying that they could pressure people to monitor their thoughts and behaviors to align them with WT/JW teachings. Work harder. Do more. Pay attention to what you do and think both in public and in private. It might also have been a chain around the necks of some who were leading double lives.

Instilling fear is a great motivator, sadly often to those who are already do their best and still think it isn't good enough. For those who were sitting on the fence, I doubt they were "encouraged" to do more.

• Ding
    Ding

If the WT said that today people who just didn't know enough would make it, then it would be better to keep them ignorant by not going to their doors.

Moreover, JWs would be in a worse position than a completely ignorant person next door because JWs might prove unworthy and not make it.

Can't have any of that.

So the WT must have it that only JWs will make it.

That not only makes it essential to be a JW, but it heightens the urgency for JWs to witness to as many people as possible so as not to incur bloodguilt.

Fear! Guilt!

Do more! Do more!! Do more!!!

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Almost over 25 to 30 years ago, there was a rumor circulating that only: "JWs with PRIVILEGES OF SERVICE/TITLES will be assured of The Big A Survival". Even though I was during that time a publisher who continuously auxiliary pioneered, the U-U SPIMIs were trying to encourage towards influence me plus other dubs who were doing the same to CLIMB THE CORPORATE LADDER to the next set of levels. On the other hand/ by the same token, I wondered this: "Why would Almighty God put sooooo much emphasis on a POSITION His followers/servants have, even if he/she/they are still doing all they can to worship Him under their own circumstances?". This has eventually proved that the above "mandate" is of many which are PERSONALLY ESTABLISHED by the leadership of UNINSPIRED, IMPERFECT MEN! So, all of these "claims" and "statements", if these are not Bible-based/supported, I, IMPHO, don't really give these a great deal of thought anymore!

• vienne
    vienne

I asked this question of an elderly Witness. His answer was Christ saves who he saves, and then he referred to Jonah and the Assyrians, implying that no matter what humans taught, salvation and forgiveness rested in God's hands. Probably not official doctrine, but a scriptural answer nevertheless.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Yes this is the same old, same old they have been spouting for years. I find it difficult to tell pubs that their non jw children and grandchildren are not going to make it as they are oblivious to the loving guidelines they are being given by WT'S. They visit regularly with the families, laugh, BBQ go to get togethers, but none in the "world" coming into the org, so that means death to all not baptized. I was told Jehovah is judge of hearts so how can they make a definite law that Jehovah does not

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

They like to use Zeph 2:3

"Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah’s anger."

It's the only place in the Bible where the word "probably" appears which makes it uncertain here. Seeking Jehovah, being meek, observing his decrees, seeking righteousness and meekness just isn't enough because that's just probably. So you are never on the safe side of the balance.

• compound complex
    compound complex

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history. As it was in the days of Noah, said Jesus, so it would be in the day when He would be revealed. Inside the ark that took many years of organized effort to complete, only eight human souls survived the global Deluge. They survived as a united family group.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/100074/comments-you-will-hear-10-16-05-wt-study-normal-life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit