Covid lung damage worse than from heavy smoking

by FatFreek 2005 44 Replies latest social current

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

We've probably all heard it, "I wish I could get the Covid and that way it would be behind me", as if it were some annoying rite of passage. "Sure, I'll lose my senses of smell and taste for awhile, I'll lose my strength for awhile", etc.

What else could be the reasoning for ignoring the social distancing to attend maskless parties and similar large group gatherings?

However, looking at the following xray images of certain lungs may help impress some folks into thinking that there are more serious happenings in the attack progression of this virus.

The CBS News link follows:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-lungs-scarring-smokers-lungs/

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I saw this too. Scary.

A guy at my husband's work got it bad. He was out for a couple months. His friends and neighbors would leave him meals at his front door which was a floor down from his main living level.

He said he went down to get the food and he would be so winded that he would have to sit on a bench in his entry to catch his breath for a good 10 minutes before he could make it back upstairs to his kitchen. Then he'd collapse on the sofa and couldn't move for another 10 minutes.

He had to come back or lose his job. My husband says he looks like hell and he doesn't know if he will be able to keep his job. The doctors said they can't promise that he will ever get his lung function back.

• Simon
    Simon

Amazing how so many news stories come out all designed to push people to accept vaccinations, just weeks after they are available.

Now the news seems to have also flipped to lockdowns=bad, open=good

You can't make this shit up.

Oh, wait, you can, 'cause someone did.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I had a close friend pass away recently from respiratory complications related to covid19. His wife was saying that he normally could handle the flu year after year & bounce back. But this time complications set-in involving his lungs...and he ended-up dying very young. Another friend was infected early on last year with covid19...was in the hospital for about a month...to this day he hasn't recovered fully. This pandemic...covid19...or whatever the hale it is...you just can't take it lightly...it's made a believer out of many a freethinker and doubter.

• TD
    TD

Hadn't seen my neighbor since Christmas. His wife told me yesterday that he passed away from Covid complications.

Sad... I'd known the guy for 15 years.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I think the reason why so many people are confused as to why some people who get Covid only get a slight sneeze while others become handicapped in one way or another for life and others just plain die---is because of ALL THE CONFLICTING STORIES!

I was one of the lucky ones. I got COVID and didn’t even know it. I now have the antibodies and don’t need a vaccine and won’t get one.

The National Institute of Health published an article that might explain why there are so many different results when a person gets COVID.

The researchers found that more than 10% of people who develop severe COVID-19 have misguided antibodies―autoantibodies―that attack the immune system rather than the virus that causes the disease.

Another 3.5% or more of people who develop severe COVID-19 carry a specific kind of genetic mutation that impacts immunity.

Consequently, both groups lack effective immune responses that depend on type I interferon, a set of 17 proteins crucial for protecting cells and the body from viruses.

Whether these proteins have been neutralized by autoantibodies or―because of a (FAULTY GENE) ―were produced in insufficient amounts or induced an inadequate antiviral response, their absence appears to be a commonality among a subgroup of people who suffer from life-threatening COVID-19 pneumonia.

The researchers discovered that among nearly 660 people with severe COVID-19, a significant number carried rare genetic variants in 13 genes known to be critical in the body’s defense against influenza virus, and more than 3.5% were completely missing a functioning gene. Further experiments showed that immune cells from those 3.5% did not produce any detectable type I interferons in response to SARS-CoV-2.

So it boils down to a person’s genetic makeup. Just like some men produce to much DHT and wind up losing all their hair by 30 years of age, while other men live to 100 with a full head of hair.

It's your particular genetic makeup that will determine whether you need the vaccine or not.

Here’s the complete article from the National Institute of Health

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/scientists-discover-genetic-immunologic-underpinnings-some-cases-severe-covid-19

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The more I think about this the more I believe every home, every business, every building should be placed under a a dome (Like the TV show Under The Dome) and inside those buildings every single breathing being should be placed inside an individual plastic bubble, tube fed through an I.V. in their arm and mandated to wear self contained breathing apparatus 24/7. Of course we would need to rely on government to provide us with everything we need. . .FREE no doubt!

We could eliminate COVID that way couldn't we?

Why do some people seem to grasp so desperately on every bit of "expert" information about COVID bad and run with it? It may be serious, but C'Mon man. . .it is not the end of the world or humanity.

• Simon
    Simon
    It's your particular genetic makeup that will determine whether you need the vaccine or not.

Exactly, which is why the government solutions of "vaccinating everyone" is a little silly - they could / should prioritize those most at risk and this is another factor to consider.

If you handle the at-risk groups, the argument for mass vaccinations become less compelling.

• perdurabo
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

So how would you know if you had these genetic variants?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit