What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Change In The Watchtower?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think it’s a huge business. So money always is a priority

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

- pioneer requied for all ms and elder;

- no paper issues;

- 144.000 symbolic instead of current doctrine;

- heavenly instead of earthly paradise

• minimus
    minimus

No elders or servants if pioneering was a requirement

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Just a guess but I'm waiting to hear that for "simplification purposes" and because of the need to dedicate more time to the "ingathering work", they've lovingly disbanded the Liaison Committee. The real reason of course would not be because of "new light" but would be because of the possible legal responsibilities they could have to answer for by having such a committee in place as part of the systematic process that the organization uses to lean heavily on JW's to influence them to refuse blood transfusions.

If that happened, they could save face by simply not talking about the blood issue anymore and people would be left on their own to decide where they stand on the matter.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Changes at WT land?

Getting rid of regular preaching.... let's say, stop bothering homeowners in a regular basis...and make a big campaign only by Commemoration time. All duds in good standing should participate, that means less paperwork. Concentrate efforts in all the rank and file, make the thing less rigid and more social. Tell them you're gonna testify by living an exemplary Christian Life.

Maybe by 2075, if they still around.

Don't give them ideas BTW.

• blondie
    blondie

I agree with minimus regarding regular pioneering being a requirement for MS and elders; no MS or elders then. They find it hard to make the official minimum of 10 hours a month but still keep their positions.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I see the One Towel Rule at conventions becoming a conscience issue.

Rub a Dub

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I don't see big changes, rather, incremental changes of omission. They will simply ignore 1914, and soften the distinction between the great crowd and anointed. Combine this with simply not giving the number of partakers, and the problem is solved.

Yes pretty much. There is no need to make any doctrinal changes. Most JWs really don't care anyway. The overlapping nonsense gives them a pass for at least another 50 years or so, so 1914 doesn't matter.

There will be changes around the funding model -- of how they extract money from people.

I also think that there will be bigger changes around preaching. Pretty sure the GB is realizing preaching actually does them no good. Most new JWs are related to existing JWs, and money coming in actually comes from members. Also preaching constantly places JWs in the path of apostates and critics.

I personally think door to door preaching will practically end, and even the carts will eventually stop. The ORG will come up with some busy-work that can be counted as service, so that people can still be measured on their work, but without actually preaching.

• sir82
    sir82
    Gorbatchov a day ago

- pioneer requied for all ms and elder;

- no paper issues;

- 144.000 symbolic instead of current doctrine;

- heavenly instead of earthly paradise

Alert "that other site" - breaking news, confirmed & verified by their strict standards!

• sparky1
    sparky1

The 1914 doctrine fading away.............

The 144,000 doctrine fading away...........

Then the current Governing Body can completely throw Pastor Russell under the bus and say that he was just another Christian reformer along the lines of Calvin and Luther leading up to the establishment of the 'true church' in 1919 when the modern day Governing Body came into existence when 'the Holy Place was brought into the right condition.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit