What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Change In The Watchtower?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Whatever new change will be, it will involve some sort of scheme to bring in more money. They are probably thinking right now;

"How can we bring in more money from those morons"

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi Min.

I'm not sure what the next big change will be exactly but I think you're on to something with your OP.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't see big changes, rather, incremental changes of omission. They will simply ignore 1914, and soften the distinction between the great crowd and anointed. Combine this with simply not giving the number of partakers, and the problem is solved.

Any major changes will be seen in the legal structure of the organization. The accountants and lawyers will take over.

• zeb
    zeb

Hey lets not give the bastards any ideas here folks..

but..

The blood issue. It was about to be down graded when 9/11 happened but the gb idiots saw that tragedy as a warning from J to not change their opinions on blood.

(forget where I saw that)

After the dumping they have suffered in recent court cases and the CARC with more to come yes accountants and their lawyers will take over completely.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Agree with the 144,000 idea. That would just be reverting to what was taught in the early years, just like the flip-flopping superior authorities explanation. It would also fit with the "overlapping" B.S. and buy more time.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I can certainly see a revision with the 1914/144k doctrine. They are certainly becoming more harder to maintain as time goes on. I think having a modified year report which could perhaps omit the number of partakes could be a step in the right direction and is the wise thing to do with saving reputation. They need to do something to increase cash flow. Weather this means mandatory tithing or selling more physical buildings in favour of going on line, time will tell.

• asp59
    asp59

I thought they would go down to one meeting a week this year. But they are not the brightes. Anyways eventually they gonna have one day meetings. And some years after that they gonna take that one day meeting and go online with it.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I hate to say it, but, I think the GB will take over even more control, somehow. Seems like there's an elder's letter for just about every little thing.
  • SadElder
    SadElder

Watch for little nuances in the Watchtower. They typically introduce things even years in advance by subtle inferences. The idea of the GB being the Faithful Slave was introduced little by little so it was no great surprise or shock to the dubs. Those word bombs they use will start showing up on some thought they discuss. You know the ones: "evidently, likely, surely then."

Since I don't read their stuff often can't say if there's anything in the offing. I do believe we'll see some attempt to get more money out of the rank and file. Maybe a new understanding on tithing or just fees, which they seem to be tacking on more and more these days.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Official announcement that free contribution boxes that can be filled at home are available in every KH :

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit