What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Change In The Watchtower?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think there will be a change in the 144000 belief. Too many Witnesses think they have a heavenly hope. Maybe 1914 will be discarded too.

What is your Watchtower prediction??

• blondie
    blondie

That congregations will be assigned to donate to the WTS based on a set dollar amount for every baptized publisher.

Of course, they will try to word it differently. Nagging doesn't seem to be working.

I remember an elder saying from the platform at a service meeting: It easier to get one of Jehovah's witnesses to break a commandment than break a twenty. He was referring to tipping but the underlying motive is the same. My husband and 5 of my male jw relatives who were account servants said how tight the members were.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

If i had to guess i would go with blondie’s basic direction. They defacto tithe on the congregatio level as it is with the perpetual mortgage. I would guess they take it a step farther and ask the congregation to send all donations and the branch will pay all the bills and be able to keep a tight hold on finances that way. The issue will be hiding that money from lawsuits and some others legal sticking points but they will make somesort of move in that way is my guess

• Farmer Jim1
    Farmer Jim1

Contactless payment machines at every KH. I’m surprised they haven’t done it already to be honest. They’ve had it in some assembly halls for a few years. Church of England introduced it this year. People in the UK tend to carry less cash and make more payments by card. I can see it now! Last item on a Thursday evening is an emotion poking 20 minute audience discussion on the ‘privilege of giving to Jehovah’ now made easier with chip & pin machine. Followed by an emotional ‘new song - giving is a blessing’ followed by a small queue at the chip & pin machine as folk part with their cash like never before.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Blondie has the right idea, they’ll just structure it as some kind of expense and then claim it’s easiest to pay it each month if each person just contributes a certain amount. The amount will be small to make easy for the rank and file to agree then it will go up each and every year.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

New Kingdom Halls will continue to be paid for by the members of the local congregation in full. Once built, each congregation will have to pay $10.00 per publisher on the rolls per meeting. As the WBTS owns the Kingdom Hall, if the congregations fail to consistently pay for the use of the Hall for each meeting, the WBTS will merge the congregation(s) that use the Hall with congregations that use a different Hall and then sell the vacant Kingdom Hall.

This just follows the Assembly Hall model already in practice.

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

https://youtu.be/sjzubwZL-xw

Membership fees: they already have this buried in the small print, ready to implement...

• minimus
    minimus

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kingdom Halls went the way of the buffalo. Once the properties are all sold, then could have “meetings” over the Internet and keep assembly halls for special occasions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Who cares as long as it disappears.

This organization has killed to many people, destroyed too many lives and broken apart too many families.

• new boy
    new boy

The next "new light" will be that most the people killed at Armageddon will be resurrected. I was all a big joke and Jehovah will give almost everybody a second chance.

That would test their humility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit