War is a tragic reminder that only Christ is able to establish world peace!

by Derrick 41 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

Rick, making a post like that on this site is bound to get you a few less than "warm & fuzzy" replies. You should know better!

On that topic, are you thinking of responding to the posts here? Or is this just a hit & run post? In the past you've argued your points, so are you going to keep that up?

The truth is that humanity needs the God who created this vast universe -- who is known as Allah to many, and Jehovah to many, or worshipped under a myriad of other names but indeed is but One -- to eliminate the forces of evil in this world through his Son, Jesus Christ. As a matter of fact, the Bible promises Christ will reign as king on his throne from the heavens for the millennium it shall take to establish world peace.

Doh! He's already reigning! The INVISIBLE Kingdom of Christ has been running nicely since about 1914! By an odd coincidence life on this planet has been dominated by violent, planet-sweeping wars ever since! Hell, I'd prefer it if he weren't reigning (note: I'm trying to demonstrate nonsensical logic here, people)

If you are visiting this site out of curiosity about the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses and have this sinking feeling of dispair in your heart as this world descends into social and economic conflict and chaos, then you should be aware that a Higher Intelligence is about to intervene and save mankind from extinction.

Rick, do you believe that the Governing Body is the Faithful and Discreet Slave? Yes or no? Hehehe.....

That Intelligence created this universe and its laws of physics to house intelligent life, and what you simply know as "love" eminated from this Intelligence! Your very consciousness and emotions and desire for world peace eminated from this Intelligence. That is why you must act quickly.

I just love the way you reach your conclusions...

The blueprint for the future of this planet and all life on it was translated into a book that has survived flawless translations over the millennia, and that book is known as the Bible.

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

Regardless of the translation you choose you can rest assured that it communicates God's plan for human civilization on this planet and its peaceful existence for eternity. Long after our Sun has extinguished its fires we will be living somewhere in this vast universe with the One who made life and the very fabric of space and time possible!

Is that the official stance of the Watchtower? I haven't really checked up on their current beliefs about interstellar travel, but you seem to know what you're talking about.

Get out the Bible and open it to the beginning, then read it!

Been there, did that, got the All Your Base T-Shirt.

If it is difficult to understand, visit your local bookstore or an online bookseller and purchase the New International Version or any other modern version!

Why should this most critically important book be difficult to understand? That's like writing the manual for a fire extinguisher in Sanscrit!

Then read it as you would any non-fiction book with the understanding that it will enlighten you to the truth of the reason behind the existence of life in this universe.

Nope, it just enlightened me to the rather benighted attitudes and moralistic standpoint (or lack thereof) of the MEN who wrote it.

This is a good time to discover through the pages of the Bible the startling truth behind the invisible supernatural forces that cause human barbarianism, wars and bloodshed throughout the history of civilization to today!

Yes, it's called MONEY! And for the most part, it's INVISIBLE! There has to be a connection here!

Your eyes will be opened and like myself you will likely feel like the early primitive peoples who lived deep under the forest canopies until they had the courage to enter the open fields in the darkness of night and look up at the Moon and ocean of stars above!

"Hey, Og! Look at star!"
    "Where star, Grugru?"
    "Up!"
    "I see no star. All Og see is invisible Kingdom of Christ. Og does not know what Christ doing up in invisible kingdom!"
    "Grugru think Og dumb."
    "@$#%$@#$#@%, Grugu!"

What a shock they must have felt discovering that true "reality" was really hidden under a veil of forest trees above which was a vast sea of mysterious lights. What a shock modern scientists must have felt realizing that sea of lights is filled with infinite earthlike islands like our own. And what a revelation it will be to read the Bible and discover the very laws of physics that govern the ocean of space above has intelligent design - filled with an infinite number of conscious entities both human and non-human (and some whom the ancient writers of the Bible wrote were not from Earth but appeared human during their visits).

Can extra-terrestrials also be saved by Christ? On that note, are they liable to die at Armageddon? Is there a loophole for aliens? Do aliens have to do Field Service to survive the Great Tribulation? There are so many questions I want answered, but Brooklyn doesn't return my mail...damn...

• gumby
    gumby
    Then read it as you would any non-fiction book with the understanding that it will enlighten you to the truth of the reason behind the existence of life in this universe.

Ya know.....I was going to make a long and meaningful comment about this.....but I am convinced poor ricky has lost his mind and I see no point in wasting the time.

Gumby

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    The truth is that humanity needs the God who created this vast universe -- who is known as Allah to many, and Jehovah to many, or worshipped under a myriad of other names but indeed is but One -- to eliminate the forces of evil in this world through his Son, Jesus Christ. As a matter of fact, the Bible promises Christ will reign as king on his throne from the heavens for the millennium it shall take to establish world peace.

Get your facts STRAIGHT!!! Most people who worship god "under a myriad of other names" would be very surprised that their god(s) had a son called Jesus. Parsis would be astounded. Seikhs would be incredulous, Hindus would be traumatised... or is it Taoists who would be traumatised and Hindus who would be hilarified?

If the god everyone worships has a son (could you prove this, or is it just your opinion?), he hasn't done a particulary good job of letting people know about it. Normally, historically speaking, people come to an awareness of Jesus only when they have a choice between wine and biscuits or being killed. Praise the Lord.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Give Me A Freakin Break! This war is about Christians and Muslims wanting each other obliterated! 'Jesus' 'came' not to bring peace but to bring a sword! Read your Bible you allude to-without the prejudice of christianity-and you will find it is poorly written, plagarized, comglomeration of bastardized Middle Eastern texts put together by a Roman Emperor and his 'holy' Church Councils for nothing more than political propaganda! Christianity has had 2000 years to bring peace to this world and it has not only failed miserably-it is responsible for bringing every war since!

PUUUUULEEEEEZ!

Ravyn

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

you are absolutely right Del boy!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Syn

I would guess that derrick is doing his duty, as a spokeman for jesus, in giving us heathens a warning, so that when jesus comes soon to rapture derrick and other faithfuls, we, the left behind ones, who will be forced to pass through the antichrist's riegn, the tribulation and armageddon, will be without any excuses. So, he has no need to respond, as the events that jesus will set in motion soon will be more than adequit as a response. Hope this helps:)

SS

• Derrick
    Derrick

Hello everyone, I appreciate your thought provoking replies. A few of you postulated that my not posting any followup on this topic implies that I have committed "hit and run" which is not necessarily the case. Sometimes those who post and don't return review the replies, and think "hmmm... what more is there to say?" This is one of those cases (grin).

However, I will say this, it is obvious many simply refuse to exercise faith based on the general direction this topic is heading.

Someone implied the Watchtower Society knows when WWIII will commence not because they are divinely inspired but because they are perhaps Satanically inspired? If I read incorrectly between the lines on that one, then can you please clarify yourself in a followup? I know there has been speculation that those inside the Watchtower continue to practice Masonic rites in secret, are tied to the modern Illuminati and those behind the scenes who control world governments like puppetmasters, and so forth. However, I have examined many web sites making these claims and with all due respect believe that these sites lack definitive proof. What is needed is solid evidence. You said to do my research but failed to point me in the right direction. Did you have a web site about Russell, Rutherford and modern Watchtower leadership ties to the secret organization you claim has "planned" World War III and this present Iraq crisis? I would appreciate the links in that direction.

After all these replies, mostly unfavorable as regards the Bible and its Divine Author, I'm disappointed but not surprised. However, Farkel's tersely humorous reminder when he said something to the extent that "in 2,000 years Christ has done dick, Rick" did manage to crack the ice under our feet. A brief and rare moment of humor passed when that cracked ice completely gave way and we plunged into the icy waters of rancid doubt and pure scorn.

Here we are, sitting on our butts at the bottom of a slippery slope, completely polarized in our complete doubts and absolutely unyielding in our willingness to consider anything beyond what we can see, smell and touch. It's too bad in that many of you will discover that reality is not at all what you think it is, and I'm afraid y'all may find this out "real soon now."

I bid all of you well, and wish you peace.

Derrick

• gumby
    gumby
    I bid all of you well, and wish you peace.

You forgot to say...." a slave of christ."

Did you have a web site about Russell, Rutherford and modern Watchtower leadership ties to the secret organization you claim has "planned" World War III and this present Iraq crisis?

Rick,

Do you really need this information to solidify your doubts about the Organisation? Isn't there enough smut on them that you do not need anymore smut? Didn't you learn anything from your old site?

Why not return to the Organisation you came from then?

• blackguard
    blackguard

Hi Derrick,

Blackguard did not imply that the corporate WTS hegemony is satanically inspired. If your comments were 'Freudian' in nature or an allusion that you positively know something to be satanically inspired, I will defer. I did, however, imply they are satanically linked. I will consider to point you to some pertinent information. I am presuming that you are a jaydub or jaydub sympathizer. As such I am forced to presume that "definitive proof" and "solid evidence" for you is based upon the say-so of authority, especially authority structures that lay claim to represent God and produce literature which competes with God's word. I further presume that solid evidences and definitive proofs for you is akin to the always in-flux watch tower prophecy and doctrinal exegsis as determined solely by the authority of corporate-like WTS hegemonies. In other words, ANY group or individual, incorporated or not, that claims to represent God and maintains a track record of failed prophecy and altered dogma will suffice for you as the source of evidences?

Do you see the difficulty I would have in directing you to evidences? If you do not wish your peace of mind to be disturbed do not pursue these matters---do the ostrich. If you can rise above your conditioning and want to know, I recommend you do some diligent research into the origins of (i) the corporate WTS, it's predecessor (ii) the unicorporated Zion's Watch Tower with Conley as President and Russell as secretary and (iii)Russell's own background, his occultic persuasion and connections. Then you might be in a position to trace forward the history of that legal fiction known as the corporate Watch Tower Society Inc. The words, watcher, watchtower, pyramidology, necromancy, golden age, Pleiades, zodiac, age of aquarius, sundisc, Illuminism might give you a good start.

Amazing Jim Whitney once promised to share his research of the myriad watch tower corporations; he said, I recall, it would be "a bombshell". Perhaps he would also respond to a request to post that research

If you're willing to make effort I'll share further information with you and give you my e.maill address if you don't already have it.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Personally, I think war is a reminder that Christ hasn't done shit in this screwed up world in about 2,000 years, if he ever existed at all.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit