GB Update - Meet the new GB members

by eyeslice 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

*Typo: Baptised in '86

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I saw it after seeing this thread . Mostly the two newbies , they both looked similar both talked much the same and both equally boring.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Neither have any experience in life. They have never had a full time job, family, mortgage, utility bills and generally making ends meet. When did they last rush in from work, grab a bite, a shower and off to the meeting with the wife and kids?

George

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The letters read about the 2 sisters who had tears of joy for reducing the pioneer hours. So why was having the title of pioneer so important to them? What's wrong with just putting in the hours according to your circumstance? Regarding the two new GB members, they seemed like sincere nice guys not full of themselves, but are institutionalized drones.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    NW - The letters read about the 2 sisters who had tears of joy for reducing the pioneer hours.

It makes me think these were just fictional letters. that's the type of fraud the Watchtower(tm) could pull.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Anointed are nuts - August 15, 2011 Watchtower (the study edition) pg 22 QfR: Memorial partakers. This is the number
    of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed
    ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'Anointed are nuts - August 15, 2011 Watchtower"

Yes. And there you have it. The Borg will paint that ''anointed are nuts" & or ''mentally diseased'' brush to everyone who has disagreements or questions the Borg. That same brush is painted or labelled to everyone like that or like a one size fits all label.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The more you look at how they're now swinging the 'anointed(tm)' schtick, is the more you can see how totally corporate and non religious they are becoming.

The new GB members = businessmen not religious.

I'd be surprised if any of them actually believe in god.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""I'd be surprised if any of them actually believe in god. '''

When you can travel across the world,,be treated as rock stars,,,live like kings in upstate NY,,wear jewelry,,,you would believe anything just to keep up the facade.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Funny how organizations is still living in the 60s or 80s. Look how the two were dress. Suit and tie. With young person this days would watch and find religion interesting by watching this two? Totally uptight. If it's s friendly little talk, why not dress casually and make things look normal. I mean, only place many would use suit this days is visiting a funeral.Don't know If org maeby given up on getting people in from territory. Many ex jw videos on YouTube are more fun and modern that what watchtower puts out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit