GB Update - Meet the new GB members

by eyeslice 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Seems they moving away from the word "anointed". It was heavy in use, back in the 80-90s, to prove Armageddon was near cause less and less from the 144000 we're participating in the commemoration of Jesus death. If we we're suddenly back in the 90s and this two claimed they suddenly received the heavenly hope. Other witnesses would probably have seen them as apostates going against watchtower teaching

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Quote "with the new hour requirements for pioneers, many us us can share in the pioneer work." Let's read between the lines on that.

Okay. Let's read between the lines on that. Quote "with the now minimal hour requirements for pioneers, all of you must now take up your share in the pioneer work. Those who rebelliously choose not to will be judged as 'not of our sort' and shunned accordingly."

I heard that type of comment in passing by a still-in JW who said, "With those low hours NO ONE who is faithful should not be pioneering now that we are soooo close to Armageddon!"

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    With those low hours NO ONE who is faithful should not be pioneering now that we are soooo close to Armageddon.

No one, except the GB and Bethel heavies, who are far too busy to go house-to-house of course.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

"with the now minimal hour requirements for pioneers, all of you must now take up your share in the pioneer work. Those who rebelliously choose not to will be judged as 'not of our sort' and shunned accordingly."

Think watchtower lower hours to keep people in organisation. They want people too come back to org also. They losing money when people stop being JWs. Of course it's another story with JWs in congregations. They get into a power trip, especially If they have appointments, and DF JWs even if they repent. But I think this days watchtower do anything to keep members in 💰💰💰

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

So I could be anointed? I was baptized in 1983.

Let me go back....said no one here. LOL

Snakes

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SITT - You and me both.

the only thing is, they'd only accept that you got 'anointed(tm)' miraculously if you're in their business clique.

Otherwise they accuse you of being bonkers. (Which I think those making this claim are....or attention seeking).

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Imagine Lett, Splane and Morris telling you, sorry your to weird and crazy to be anointed 😂. Are they speaking from own experience?. The irony 🤡

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"mysogony"?

What would you want them to do?

Appoint women as elders?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"What would you want them to do? Appoint women as elders?"" ROFL,,,,,ROFL 🤣

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Uncle punky seems to me they suddenly claim to be anointed(tm) to get a position in the corporation(tm) as GB(tm) (Pee be upon them), member.
    It's so disingenuous that it's risible

Ruddy right it's risable!!!

There's no way a born in with stalwart parents baptised in 89 claimed to be anointed! He'd have been laughed out of the Hall. Back then the anointed were all...well not just old, but WW1 generation old. You never, ever saw anyone under 70 imbibe on the old memorial. Cook decided he was anointed in the Bethel canteen, apparently, soon after he took up post there about 11 years ago😂

Rattigan That way women aren't fawning over them because of their accents like they do with Barr, Loesch and Jackson.

Ratty that's the funniest thing I've read all week: "women aren't fawning over..…...... Jackson"😂😭

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit