I refuse to lie to have a job!!!!!!

by Jesika 42 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

This is what Basics posted once about having a sense of well-being:

My sense of well being basically comes from being able to think for myself and taking responsibility for my own actions.

Taking responsibility? Taking a pot shot and running to hide? Not getting to know someone, through their posts, about what kind of hell they've been through and how they've pulled themselves through it? You have a sense of well-being? Thinking for yourself? Come on!!!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Jes)))))))

First of all, I'm so sorry about this scam job. I've been there. I don't know if you know, but last August, I quit a very lucrative job with Dow Jones. Money/experience was great, but the management and environment was one of the worst I've ever experienced. Incredibly unhealthy - toxic I say now. When I resigned it was a big disasterous hullabaloo. (My boss and evil partner were let go because of my leaving. Yay! Little victory!) Anyways, I waited tables for several months until I got a "real" job this past February. I was there for 5 days when I realized I was going to hate it. The people were sleazy, the company was in a bad neighborhood, the owner disgusted me and I never believed in the product I was selling. But it paid decent money. (Better than waiting tables.) I was going to stick it out, but after another three weeks I couldn't do it. I walked out on a Friday afternoon and never looked back.

I struggled for another 6 weeks before I finally found a job. It was through a temp agency called Remedy Intelligent Staffing. (SE Corner of Midway and Spring Valley) I interviewed with them and they set up an interview the next day with one of their clients. It was a good company, seemed to be a good environment, in a nice part of Addison and I really liked the people. I had a second interview with them a week later. After the interview, before I even got down to my car, they had left a voicemail on my cell saying they wanted me. I couldn't believe it! Everything was happening so fast! I've been there for two weeks so far and LOVE IT!!!

All that to say that if you just keep the faith, the right thing will come to you! Don't settle for podunk companies that don't treat you well. (Always do research on the internet about a potential employer.) If they are reputable, you'll know it. The web can help you find lots of things on a company's reputation, stability, financial status, etc.

Jes, you're beautiful, smart, sweet, and have a very giving heart. Anyone that gets the opportunity to see that in you, is a fool to NOT hire you. Try giving Remedy a call and see if they can help you. I bet they can! Also, if you need help with your resume, let me know. I love doing that kind of stuff!

Love ya bunches,

Andi

• Jesika
    Jesika

Billygoat,

Thanx hon, and I will get with you about the resume.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit