I refuse to lie to have a job!!!!!!

by Jesika 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

Well, I was very excited about finding the job I had. Come to find out, the things I was telling people about the products we were selling were lies.

I am not comfortable lying to people to sell a product. I really don't like being lied to and then finding out later most everything I was told to do was BS.

On top of the lying, they didn't tell me I had to pay 3 % of every check I would take plus a check fee on top of that. Why in the hell do I HAVE TO PAY these fees??!!!

Plus, when I was out in Mesquite (suburb of Dallas) a guy called the cops on us and the cops came and told us we needed permits to sell things in that city. They ran our DL's and took 2 of the guys to jail cause they had warrents. They told us if they caught us in Mesquite again, they would take us to jail and fine us unless we had permits. When I asked about the permit situation, my boss just told me if we talk really nice to the cops, they won't take us to jail. What kind of answer is that????!!! And if they fined me ($) do I have to pay for it?? Or would they tell me I didn't talk nice enough and that's why they took me to jail and fined me???

I am not going to jail for anyone, and I shouldn't have to pay for my own permit if I am selling YOUR stuff!!

Plus, I was using my own car and my own gas $ to go out and sell their products!! Since I have a truck, I don't have enough room to keep all the products inside the cab, so if someone decided to help themselves to the stuff in the back, guess who is responsible for it?? You guessed it....ME!!

So, everytime I saw a cop yesterday I was paranoid of going to jail. I kid you not, we saw at least 8 different cops in 2 cities. I saw it as an omen.

I wanted a job that I could work 8hrs and go home. Well, I have been getting up at 4:30-5:30 am every morning and not getting home till 8pm. That's a LONG day. I never have any time to spend with my boyfriend or to do any cleaning around the house. The same dishes have been in the sink for a week!! I only have about 2hrs when I get home to clean, eat, unwind, etc. Plus, they want us to go out on Saturday too. When I agreed to take the job, I said I could spare a Sat here and there, but not a 14hr day!!! That is taking away from time I have with my son, which is only about 2 days a week!!

And since I work so late and get up so early, I have no time to look for anything else. (job)

So, I am up early, I get to the office at 6:15-7:15am and don't get out to do any selling untill 10am. The rest of the time they are going over their systems of selling and getting you motivated for about 2-3 hrs. Then when you get out to sell stuff, you are walking around for 8hrs (no 1hr lunches) carrying a bag full of products (not light). So, when I am done at the end of the day, my feet hurt, my back hurts, and if I don't sell enough I go home with about $10 like yesterday. That barely covers gas and lunch.

So, I wasn't told all this in the beginning, and I have been decieved. I hate telling people something and come to find out I was lying to them without even knowing it. Most of the products they sell they make themselves, but tell people they will be coming out in stores and it is a promotion we are doing. This come to find out is total BS. I was very mad when one of the guys told me they would never be in the stores. I honestly thought that's what would happen!!

So, I am pissed off and I quit today. I didn't call in or anything, and Alex (my boyfriend) seemed ok with it-- he smiled at me when he was leaving for work this morning. He kissed me on my forehead and told me to get some rest. Boy did I need the rest!!

I will call my boss later, after she is out of the office so I don't get the "candy coated" answer since she won't be in frount of anyone. I will explain that it is taking too much of my time and I have a life outside of work that I haven't been able to enjoy anymore cause the job it VERY time consuming. They have a security account and I have about $32 in it, so I will arrange to go and get that $ so I can give it to my x for my son until I find another job.

I guess I wouldn't have been so upset, but I was lied to and it made ME lie to people. I hate that!!

Would you have done the same???? Let me know what you think, I think I did the right thing by quitting.

You all's input would be welcomed!!!!!!!!

Love,

Jes

• JH
    JH

Yes, I approve what you done. You are honest and have the right attitude.

Since you had to use your car, you put mileage on it, had to put gas, and it's not the company who would have paid traffic tickets, and so on. So many companies abuse of people who wish to work.

You'll find a better job, keep on looking.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Aahh, scammers. It seems there are a lot of them, and they are multiplying. With the long hours, the pep talks, and likely low wages (did they tell you that you would make more later?), and legal risks, it sounds bit like, aaaaa, can i say the word? No, yes, no, won't say it There, i didn't say cult. Oh $#!+, it slipped out.

So, are you allowed to give the name of this scammer company?

SS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This sounds like a fly by night operation. No reputable company would have put you in that situation with the police. Add to it that two of their employees had outstanding warrants doesn't bode well for the integrity of the company. As far as selling, I think you've got to believe in the product. As a buyer, I'm always of the opinion that what I'm being told is not 100% accurate. It's like that old saying, "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware). But I do think your company was deceptive and dishonest in not providing full disclosure. I'm not up on employment law, but you might have a cause to complaint to the Employment Commission.

I think you did the right thing by quitting. I would not have stayed under those conditions. The long hours are probably going to be inherent in a sales job, but again you've got to believe in your product and you've got to be able to trust your employer.

Sorry it didn't work out Jes, but finding a job is like dating. You've got to keep searching till you find your match.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have had a similar experience with a previous "employer".

I say Fck 'em!

You deserve better than that crap.

• Jesika
    Jesika

The name of the company is L.J.L. and Ass. or DS-Max.

They are supposed to have offices all over the world, and they have been around for a while. But since they have lied so much, I don't know what to believe anymore.

I am bummed I don't have a job again, but I don't want THAT job. I can't worry about cops all the time, or going to jail/fines.

Well, back to the drawing board come Monday, but at least I can enjoy my life again.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Oh Jes! ((((((JESIKA))))))

My ex-fiancee was trapped in the same way you did years ago and when she quit, she got stiffed with a bill worth thousands of dollars and she had to pay for it out of her own purse. I hope they won't do the same thing with you with all the stuff left over from trying to sell the product.

I'm proud of you that you would no lonnger play their game.

Neal

• acsot
    acsot

((((Jes)))) your honesty is worth more than that sick job!! Don't worry, hon, I'm rooting for you. Get some rest this weekend, have a bubble bath, watch the sunset, then give it your all next week.

(my offer of martinis is still on!)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Yeah Jes. I had an experience like that too, only it was with the WBTS. !

Seriously, you can do better than that. Perhaps a data entry job, cuz you sure know how to use that keyboard ! LOL

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Sorry to hear about the job Jes. You did the right thing.

You'll find something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit