I refuse to lie to have a job!!!!!!

by Jesika 42 Replies latest jw friends

• dottie
    dottie

Basic...

I think that is a very callous thing to say...I don't see what one has to do with the other...it's comments like that that set off ignorant stereotypes

Dottie

• amac
    amac

What on earth did they have you selling?

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Jesika, you did the right thing. Like you, I cannot stay in a job that I don't believe in. I have a policy on how I personally handle dishonest employers, but I have never had a job where I had to be dishonest. The short version of how I handle dishonest employers is that ensure that I am a perfect employee and I leave as soon as I can. This gets me out of a bad situation and leaves a good reference from that firm.

Handled right, this can be a positive experience. A future employer will know you are honest. They will also know you are hard-working and can make cold calls. There might be some negative impact if that employer gives you a bad reference. However, I think it will be a positive thing.

If I remember right, you had said before that you didn't have any job experience. Now you have sales experience and it should be enough to get a sales job in an honest firm. Plus, it is easy/easier to sell a product or service you believe in. You have the drive, brains, enthusiasm, charisma, youth and looks to succeed.

You will find a job and succeed well in your life, Jes. From what I know of you, you have the makings of a champion.

Richard

• Jesika
    Jesika

Amac,

I was selling a photo box supposedly from Hallmark, a gift set of lotion, body spray, bubble bath, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, a lupa (sp?), and the bag itself (really good stuff, but they said it was coming from Bed,Bath and Beyond which wasn't true) ,and a duffle bag.

The photo box was supposed to retail for $29.99 and sold it for $4.99

The lotion/gift set was supposed to retail for $69.99 and sold for $9.99

The duffle bag was supposed to retail for $24.99 and sold for $4.99 etc

The products were good, but they lied about the companies behind the products. Come to find out this company was manufacturing the products themselves and telling us to tell people they were coming from some where else.

Jes

• Solace
    Solace

Jesika,

You were being taken advantage of.

Im glad to hear you stood up for yourself.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Basics

Who the hell do you think you are? Where do you get off talking like that!? Oh sorry you're just a one shot wonder, right? Fire one off and run for cover. You cowardly little sh**head!

I read your snide little comment and I'm really angry!!! Do you get your jollies by hurting someone else? Climb down off your high-horse you arrogant little hypocrite.

I've known Jesika for over 20 years. She is kind, giving and extremely honest. If Jesika tells you something, take it to the bank because it's true. She doesn't have it in her to be duplicitous. But then you wouldn't know anything about THAT would you?

Either respond or have everyone on this board know you're nothing but a snake in the grass .

• Jesika
    Jesika

Damn Chris, I never knew you had any anger in you!!!!!!!!

Thanx for the kind words and coming to bat for me hon!! I love you!!!

Jes

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Jessica. You did the right thing. That job will get you nowhere fast. For the amount of hours you would have to work, you would be making less than minimum wage.

There are alot of jobs like that one out there just waiting to prey on the unsuspecting. I almost got involved with one many years ago. I answered a job ad for a Management trainee. I went for the interview and knew right off the bat that something just didn't smell right. But, when they asked for money up front. I basically told them........well.....to have coitus with themselves.

And BTW. You are young, from what I read very smart, pretty, and got a good head on your shoulders. You have your whole life ahead of you. You have what it takes to do well for yourself.

Now, as for what I think of this Basics "person's" comment to you.......

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language

Damn rules.

Jessica: Please don't take what some persons insensitive comment to heart. Do not be ashamed of your past. Nobody had to walk in your shoes. You had to do what was needed to survive. Nobody can fault you for that. Nobody!!!

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Dear Jesika,

Of course you did the right thing. Don't give it another thought. And furthermore, you should feel very good & proud of yourself that you kept your integrity. I'm very proud to know you. When you live your life congruent with your beliefs, you will get what you want. You will find a job very soon that is good for you and you will like.

My ex had a similar experience. He took a "selling" job (water purifiers, I think) shortly after being DF and our income was slashed 80% overnight. We will never know if the product was a scam or not, but the selling techiques were. On his 1st attempt, he didn't close the deal. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and sick to his stomach "I'm sorry, I can't do this". I'll never forget that moment and the look on his face. He felt like he let his family down. I loved him very much at that moment and fully supported his decision. Because of his integrity, he found another job, very soon afterward. He has been in for over 12 years. He has worked very hard and has made a lot of money.

And to Big Tex, you kick a** pretty good. Very well said and approriately so. I have a very close loved one that danced, stripped if that is what some want to call it, whatever. I thank you.

Peace and love to you all, Theresa

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thanx El and moreis-- I am feeling pretty good about the decision.

Jes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit