I refuse to lie to have a job!!!!!!

by Jesika 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thanx everyone for your support.

It did feel a little cultish now that I think about it.

Once I get my $ I will be done with it completely.

Jes

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

You did the right and honorable thing!

Guest 77

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Jes,you did absolutly the right thing,here in the UK we have laws to run that sort of outfit off the road.

Take care,

Rich.

• Eric
    Eric

Jesika,

Lots of sales companies are legitimate and lots of them aren't.

I was going to post something like this on your "I got a job" thread but held back because I didn't know about your company.

I once responded to an ad that was requesting "delivery drivers". I can do that. So down to their office I went to apply, thinking I would need to provide my airbrake license and current driver's astract and so I had these all updated and prepared.

Nope! They had a class of applicants (first warning bell) ready to teach us all how to sell frozen meat door to door. If we could survive the training, go out with a vetted salesman, and then get a sale, we too could get a tiny truck with a cooler filled with dry ice in the back (which was available at an extremely low price) and become a door-to-door meat salesman too! How exciting!

All of their product promotion was suspect. Their chickens weren't cooped-up "factory chickens" they were "free-range Saskatchewan chickens". Yes these ribs are expensive, they are Swedish cut baby ribs... and on and on the lies went.

The foreman gave us a special number to call to use if we needed to close a tough sale. He posed as a "Russian Chef" on the end of that line in order to close. It was all bull, he was Hungarian and not ever a chef.

I rode around with one of their sales men for a day just for the hell of it, actually sold a tray of bacon-wrapped fillet mignon (it wasn't) at a doper's household and returned to the sales shop at the end of an interminably boring day to applause from the management because I had become their newest sales success.

As I laughed and turned for the door I was assailed to provide costs for the dry ice used to keep that sale I had made cold.

I laughed even harder as I dipped into my pocket and left a trail of nickles and pennies behind me as I left.

You did the right thing.

If they lie about their product, they will lie about anything and everything.

It is even worth keeping this job in your resume as an instance in which you identified a charlatan, and once having proved it, you stepped away from such employment. Presented properly this experience ultimately can be worked to your advantage.

Good luck in the future, Jesika!

Eric

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Good for you!!! You definitely did the right thing, and you WILL find something else. Make sure you write down the miles and gas you spent -- you can deduct that come tax time next year. And don't let them scam you out of your money.

Love & hugs,

Nina

• Jesika
    Jesika

WOW Eric,

God that sounds almost exactly like what was happening with me at this job.

The whole "we accept checks", but then I find out I am the one who has to pay the fees for accepting checks that they never told me about. Kinda like the dry ice in your case.

That's a great idea about using it on my resume, thanx.

Thanx Nina, and to everyone else too, I feel really good now about the choice I made and am fully confident in my decision!!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I KNOW I will find something soon!!!

Jes

• basics-for-me
    basics-for-me

Did I once read that you were a stripper?

Did you feel the same when you were doing that for a living?

Bay64me.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Basics,

Yes I was a stripper on and off for 6yrs. I don't understand your ? I didn't lie when I was a stripper. I didn't pull the "My rent is due, No I don't have a boyfriend, You are sooooo sexy, etc"

If I had a boyfriend and someone asked, I told the truth. I wasn't your "typical" stripper. That's the reason I didn't make as much $ as some of the girls did, cause I didn't LIE!!! I made my $ because I was a DAMN good dancer and had a great personality, and I am not ugly.

If that is what you meant by "Did you feel the same when you were doing that for a living?" I must admit I am a bit offended and hurt by that statement, but I can understand why you would ask.

Jes

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm sorry it ended that way sweety. I'm sure you will find something much better very soon.

Kansas District Overbeer

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Basics: HMMM Basic that is a good name what's with that comment hmmmmm HOW RUDE OF YOU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit