So sick of the abuse...

by iwasblind 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice

iwasblind

You seem intelligent and honest when dealing with others concerning this organization.

It would fair to say that God has nothing to do with the Watchtower Publishing house.

Reviewing its expressed doctrines makes that self evident.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This forum community is proof that we can all be supportive of one another despite any differences.

Its called genuine human kindness and unconditional love.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

A reminder that God's grace is with you no matter what.....what a wonderful thing for this sister to hear coming from someone in a trusted position at a time when she was feeling so utterly broken.

When I was at my worst with anxiety, the elder I went to told me to read the book of Job and be inspired by Jobs strength in the face of despair. Reading the book of Job in my frame of mind was possibly the worst advice I was ever given.

It's a shame that Men like you Iwasblind, are driven away when it is discovered that they would rather err on the side of love and kindness than follow a set of hard and fast bureaucratic rules.

It reminds me of when the immature and prideful Disciples were ready to throw the book at the sinful Prostitute who washed Jesus feet, while Jesus himself, although he was God's Son, was far less concerned with the rules and instead was kind and loving to her and she went away from him wanting to do better.

This is the reason people from miles around, turn to you when they are hurting....the word is out !

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

This is the kind of Elder my father was. Unfortunately, he was berated for it, and was no longer "fit" to be an Elder, because he refused to go along with the unloving treatment of the flock. He is still there, and is known as a "rebel" by the Elders, but yet is STILL approched by MANY, who want TRUE encouragement, and to talk "freely" without fear of being "labeled" because of their questioning things.

I have to say though, at almost 70 years old, and "hanging on" barely for so many years, with now the even more crazy bullshit from the WTS, he is kinda done. I dont blame him either. I like that he is still there, cause i sometimes need somebody on the inside, but he is almost out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit