So sick of the abuse...

by iwasblind 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

An elder being honest with me about what happened in 1975 helped cement my resolve about objections to the scriptural teaching. That and other elders admonishing me about trying to organize a group of kids to help out a non JW elderly couple that clearly needed help with house and yard. There were a lot of things, but his transparency about 1975 and their transparent LACK of love gave me some steel in my back. I hope everyone has the experience of an honest elder-for the contrast of the total lack of concern of the others for anyone (even IN the congregation).

My mom is still in. Our relationship is cordial-thats all we can manage. Right now I am screaming with curiousity to know her thoughts on what is going on, but she hasn't been honest about that since I've known her.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cantleave - "...it sounds like you do your best despite the organisation."

Ten bucks says he isn't much longer for the Organization (voluntarily or otherwise)...

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    I also focussed on just being a kind and caring appointed man...someone people could just talk to and feel supported.

I was blatantly told by elders that I was being "permissive and an apologist" by not enforcing the strict regurgitated society responses....

I focussed on helping people build their self esteem and confidence.

It became impossible to continue to fade while still remaining appointed and having to play the games....

The FEAR, OBLIGATION and GUILT, that the organisation binds on the shoulders of the flock is deplorable. It is certainly NOT kindly as Jesus recommended.

Read something earlier today and the societies equivalent of trinity is dedication doctrine. Is cause for competition between brothers and the harmful judgment that goes along with it. Are you living up to your dedication ? Never sat right with me now I know why, it's blatantly bogus. For those that still believe it's about baptism and not 'dedication' which is not even found in the bible. As the author put it it has to be argued in just like the trinity.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

I just want to honor and thank you for your wonderful comments, I have not been on due to travel and other commitments.

I thank you for your well wishes.

As some have stated correctly, we won't be in for much longer, before we left for our trip I was ready to pack it in.

I love the fact that whether you guys are an athiest or believer we can still support one another. After all we are all part of the same family - the human family.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

iwasblind

Good for you. Continue helping those in need.

• freddo
    freddo
    Wonderful news!
  • jhine
    jhine

iwasblind , any church would be proud to have you as an elder / layreader / minister .

Jan

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I guess I just never realized that people really take their problems to elders. I want to ask, 'Who does that?' but I guess they are encouraged to. Wouldn't most people just take those issues to a friend or a therapist?

Who? The gullible and naive that really believe that there is some supernatural voodoo power from above that leads these people. They are conditioned to give thanks to the Hocus Pocus Power when good happens to them and to question why it has abandoned them when bad happens to them. Thankfully, they no longer pass their firstborn "through the fire" to appease the HPP when they think they have lost His favor.

Doc

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Thor worshipper here. You did good :) You did what a good should do when entrusted with responsibility: you what you thought was right not what you were told was right.

• tornapart
    tornapart

What a shame there are not many elders like you iwasblind, that's why they come to you for empathy and kindness and understanding they get nowhere else. But you have to think about what is important for you, it's hard to maintain a front, you can end up losing your own identity.

I hope you can find a way forward, and maybe make those who come to you feel the love you are showing them so that when you are gone they will wonder why and be able to make their own way out.

Really hope it all works out well for you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit