So sick of the abuse...

by iwasblind 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

I am still serving as an Elder but just hanging in there.

I think their quandry is that they don't see me out in the field, but when they need encouragement and decent prayer they come to me.

I just got off the phone to this poor sister who I have only met twice. She is not even in my congregation (her sister is). She called in desperation because she needed to talk and had no one in her cong that did not say "just pray more" or "read your bible more". She is facing a tough time and kept wondering what she did for God to remove his spirit from her.

I gave her the Grace message, let her know that God's love is always there regardless of what she "does". Spend two hours mending the "whip" marks that this stupid organisation leaves. She called this morning to say that she is going to stay home and receive from God today and realises she does not have to earn his love.

I am in at the moment trying to spread the real message of love but it just tears my heart to see so many under the loads that the borg puts on them.

If you are lurking here - please do not believe that your relationship with Father is dependant on anything you do for this organization.

If you are an athiest here - I respectfully ask you resist turning this post into a debate.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Bless you for your efforts, iwb.
  • vinman
    vinman
    iwasblind, I hear you loud and clear. This is my opinion. I think when you get to a point like yourself, it is time to to discern who to share TTATT with. It sounds like she is ripe for it. I have shared TTATT with some and asked that it remain between us. If she mentioned not having to earn God's love, she is definitely ready to hear the real and beautiful word of God.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Thank you for really helping someone by listening and not repeating the WTBTS broken record. You are helping her to be ok with who she is, and encouraging her. Keep promoting love, acceptance and encouragement wherever you can. You're alright in my book

FMF-Atheist

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

Darn, it must be so hard to be in your shoes. I truly feel you :( This org has done so much damage to people, it's really sad. I've gone through similar with my parents and other relatives in the org. No brothers or sister, no friends, hard to deal with parents and fake people that'd only would talk trash behind my back.

Good on you for spreading love and helping those in need. I hope things get better for you.
  • OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I served as an elder for 14 years. I never told a distressed publisher to "pray more" or "read the Bible more". I didn't need to become a liberal Christian to tell them what you told them. I gave them the exact same message you did, as a true believing JW elder.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    iwasblind: What's the feeling among your fellow elders, with all the changes???
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I guess I just never realized that people really take their problems to elders. I want to ask, 'Who does that?' but I guess they are encouraged to.

Wouldn't most people just take those issues to a friend or a therapist? I would! I would never even think to go to the elders for that kind of support. I've never been an adult JW, though. I left at age 19.

Now, I'm babbling, but I truly don't understand the phenomenon.

• millie210
    millie210

iwasblind, you are in one of the toughest spots we can find ourselves in life. Trying to work from within.

If people are coming to you from other congregations that shows how approachable you are and what a desert this Org has turned out to be as far as anything refreshing for the soul.

My hats off to you and I hopr you have away to nourish and sustain yourself so you do not burn out completely yourself.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The lack of love in the Borg is just priceless. Elders only calling you up for your service hours, but never calling just to have a conversation. Pathetic, sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit