The org. Came out with a Christmas song!!!!

by nowwhat? 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Notty possibly have a choir of their own present their new Christmas song to the world,

I've never understood why JWs don't have regional choirs anyway.

OK they do have the Bethel choir/the one they use to make official recordings & video's. But I've never gotten why say circuits can't have their own choirs (and orchestra's) - especially for conventions and weddings etc

Music is a huge part of worship in the western tradition and nothing brings people together like it. Just another thing JWs are deprived of😟

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    But I've never gotten why say circuits can't have their own choirs (and orchestra's) - especially for conventions and weddings etc

I remember the time when they did exactly that. There was an orchestra who played for all the songs to be sung at the convention. Probably in the '70s. The question is why they did away with it.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

The Borg stopped Xmas I thing as a Rutherford change.

The Bible says in Luke that was happiness in the heavens when Jesus was born...

So, eventually they're gonna celebrate Christmas again...they could spin it as a "what a glorious opportunity to give testimony to the unbelievers".

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I dont know where everyone is getting this eventually the Borg will allow Xmas again..

I don't know where all this speculation is coming from.

It seems almost impossible the Borganization will loosen its stance on the holidays ban?!?!!?

Confused .

• Riley
    Riley

Sometimes it feels like they are making fun of us.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Riley:

With some of the subliminal messages in the magazines over the years,,,,, that notion wouldn't surprise me.

• blondie
    blondie

Having played in orchestras at WTS conventions, it took a lot of time to meet and practice as a group and there were some primadonna brothers who were very unkind conducting. From my time where many family members were musical, sang or played various instruments it was not unusual to sing at family dos with at least a piano to sing with. As to choirs, we used to get together and sing non-jw and jw songs with many able to sing harmony. It was a good time.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

My contribution in song:

Let us gather to celebrate, upon this wint'ry morn,

The holy blessed day, Judge Rutherford was born,

The sheep were disobedient, God didn't hold a grudge,

Instead of Armageddon, Jehovah sent da Judge.

He winnowed out the chaff and sent them door to door,

He changed their name to publishers, from now 'til evermore,

God's work is now more business-like, professional and choice,

Jehovah took da Judge away, the sheep did much rejoice.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Should the Borg come out and do a 180 on celebrating and permitting Xmas....I will double over from laughter,,,fall off my chair,,piss my pants and suffer hernia from laughing so hard.

🤣🤣

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The wife just sang along on zoom with the new Christmas song at the end of the midweek meeting. OMG, wow. A complete 180.

To top it all off, in Catholicism the month of May is The month of Mary, today is May first. Just wow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit