'church elders are told to report any allegations of child sexual abuse to the authorities immediately'

by was a new boy 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

A 'Stop the Bullsheet' protest at the UK Branch would be fascinating.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

One thing I've noticed is the number of witnesses who have affairs seems to be higher than among the general population. I just don't know any worldly marriages that have ended because of affairs - yet I know not a few JW's whose marriages have and have heard about many more. One woman I know married three times and each time it ended because of affairs (I don't even include 'technical' affairs, admitted to so that couples can divorce, in these numbers).

I've heard it said it's because of the youth of JWs when they get married. Yet I've known groups who marry young too, such as in the large Indian community I grew up with. Again affairs seem rare. Perhaps it's because Witnesses have to admit to it that we get to hear about it?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think at least some of rank-and-file members are conditioned to the idea that somehow, sins will (semi-miraculously) be exposed, and it’ll go worse for them if they haven’t confessed ahead of time.

I could be wrong.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Diogenesister;

You have to watch Ex Watchtower yes man latest video about higher ranking witnesses having affairs and getting away with it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “…They reluctantly admit that CSA is a crime, but their actions betray that they view it as sin, maybe just a short-coming.”

And yet they rant from the platform about (conventional) sexual “immorality” like it’s a goddamn epidemic.

By that logic, there are WT higher-ups who genuinely think that unmarried but consenting adults boning is somehow worse than a father diddling his little girl.

What. The fuck? 😵‍💫

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

And they are still giving talks off platform in halls- as an elder gave last week, that false religion are the ones committing such sexual offences against children!

Do they even know what they are saying in that statement? They are currently at the forefront of CSA

What a crock!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Truthlover - "They are currently at the forefront of CSA"

You are right - THEY ARE NUMBER ONE!!

If only that was a good thing...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One thing’s for sure…

…if ever the Legal System felt compelled to “make an example” of someone…

…the WTS has gotta be the perfect candidate.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    truthlover - And they are still giving talks off platform in halls- as an elder gave last week, that false religion are the ones committing such sexual offences against children”

That’s interesting…

…up till recently, they’d use weasel words and misdirection to influence the R&F to come to that conclusion themselves…

…now they’ve advanced to full-on lying.

They must be getting desperate.

🤨

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OR…

(and this just occurred to me)

…he made an entirely different - if unintentional - admission.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit