"World conditions have never been as bad as they are now"

by Sour Grapes 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I think that Jdubs just want things to get worse to validate what their 8 popes teach. How terrible to wish for bad conditions to befall people.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I used to feel that way, but I got better.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

SLD-- brilliant reply. Any jw I meet are always stumped when they ask "How are you" when I reply "I am very well" with a smile. They always look disappointed..

That's because people who leave the organization are supposed to be unhappy, wrought with problems and maybe mentally diseased ......... according to how the WTS teaches and professes.

That's why you always here about themselves how good they are or other JWs remembers in the organization still in.

In another way dissing people who left the organization is way of showing their own devotion to Jehovah.

Take a person who may have missed a couple of meetings recently and they have assumed guilt.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

How about at the very beginning of man's history when Cain slew Abel? Clearly, 25% of earth's population were murders?

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "World conditions have never been as bad as they are now..."

My JW mom tried that a few months ago.

To which I replied (all innocent-like, of course)... "well... what era would you prefer to to have lived in? The Old West? The Middle Ages?"

She hasn't asked that since, but to her credit, she wasn't mad at me.

• Simon
    Simon

How do they square the circle that things are supposed to be the worst they have ever been (even with a Satan that our loving god dumped on us) and yet life expectancy in practically every country is at an all time high?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

C'mon Simon, you know it doesn't even occur to them to follow that line of reasoning down that road (mentally conditioned failsafes notwithstanding).

Hell, I didn't even think of it until after I'd become inactive. Seriously.

• steve2
    steve2

A religion that thrives on news of misery and suffering also specializes in enabling misery and suffering.

Funny that.

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

They are expecting the great tribulation so any bad news would seem to fit , it seems like there will never be peace , corruption is rampant everywhere , The UN is under scrutiny , what would most of you do if they are right about the UN being the scarlet beast that destroys the RCC and affiliates ? Then it just goes off into destruction leaving the one world tyranny of the so called anti christ , thought that was always interesting myself . One of the first things trump did was commend the UN for an excellent job as we know that's a lie and now they refuse to recognize Jerusalem the new capital of Israel ...

• steve2
    steve2

The UN is under scrutiny , what would most of you do if they are right about the UN being the scarlet beast that destroys the RCC and affiliates ?

This has got to be one of JW organization's weirdest and frankly, most stupid teachings.

It is the UN that drives and champions human rights, including the right to free assembly and worship.

Besides the UN itself has little, if no power, to engage military exercises and invasions (peace-keeping yes).

And - more relevantly - it would be completely and utterly in defiance of the principles upon which the UN is founded to attack - or even sanctioning an attack - on organized religion, including a minority religious group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit