First time

by Deke 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• new boy
    new boy

Nice I got you beat by 4 years. 52 years a Watchtower slave.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Congratulations Deke...looking forward to hearing 'what straw(s) it was that broke the camel's back!' :-) :-)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was fortunate I woke up at 39. I wish I had left sooner.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum. No love bombing here! You will be accepted as you are and treated with dignity.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome Deke!

Please feel comfortable here on the forum. This is a safe place where we can "have an interchange of encouragement"!

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Its better late than never, my friend. I was a "born in", as my parents came in the "truth" 2 years before i was born. Did the too young 13 yr old baptism thing, but by 16 years old was out, and back n forth, till my very early 20s when i was lastly DFd.

That was over 20 years ago, and i have never looked back. I only learned TTATT about 10 years ago, so for the first 10 to 15 years, i was always racked with guilt, and inner turmoil, but i never went back, as i always felt "something was wrong" with the BORG.

Now i KNOW my instincts from my youth were correct, and i am glad i did not waste many more years in the BORG, that i could have.

I have been out of the BORG for 25 years, but truly free from it, the last 10 years, since i learned TTATT.

• Listener
    Listener

Welcome Deke, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Deke
    Deke

Now I know what to do, I thought I had to start a new post. The freeedom is amazing, liberating, refreshing and a freedom that forces retrospective thinking. I just can’t believe I was a captive for my whole life. I’m out with my immediate family and happy with that!!

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Welcome!! I was in 43 years. Thank goodness we woke up in time to live the years we have left outside the cult. I have never been happier. Waiting for your story. In my opinion it should be easy for the older ones to wake up. We have seen lots of changes and truth doesn't change. Best wishes for you!

• Deke
    Deke

Thanks finally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit