First time

by Deke 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Deke its always interesting to hear newbies story of waking up to TTATT I look forward to hearing yours after 48 years of service .

{ I thought I was a slow learner waking up after 33 years LOL }

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Good news! Welcome and good morning from The Netherlands (life begins after coffee).

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Welcome Deke. This site and jwfacts helped me wake up and leave. I also went through the guilt, anger and acceptance phase when I was leaving and after i left. Now nearly a year out and I'm so happy and I've made lots of nice friends and I'm learning new things and discovering who I am again (Instead of being told who I should be). You have a wonderful journey of self discovery ahead of you now that you're free to be who you choose. Enjoy it!

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Welcome to the world! Lol I have enjoyed John cedars and exJw Critcal thinker on YouTube. I also appreciate interacting with people in all different phases on their journey out!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome Deke. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride here.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Welcome Deke!

We all rejoice when we here another one of us has escaped. I look forward to your future posts.

I'll have a beer later in your honor ;)

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome Deke! Every newcomer who's been trapped for decades gives us hope for our families. Enjoy your freedom.

• James Jack
    James Jack

48 years, wow!

You have my attention.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Deke I got out in my young twenties. It took me 3 years to work my way out, this is before the internet. I had a couple of books to work with and because I have always been a reader I was able to examine other beliefs and realities.

So the day came when I was ready to stop being a JW. I was a pioneer in those years serving where the need was great with my pioneer wife.

So I had to explain this change to my wife. I rambled on explaining why I know longer wanted to be a JW. BUT I would support her, as always, if she wanted to continue being a JW.

While I was rambling on she tried to interrupt me a few times. I finished up and asked her what she thought.

She said "it's fine with me.....I never believed in it."

I wasn't sure what to make of this. To me it was a long drawn out process....to her it was simply a change of clothes.

We've been married for 55 years. I tell everyone that she is the love of my life she tells everyone I am her current husband. Maybe there is an answer in that.

• Exelder
    Exelder

Giordano

I LOVED that story!!!

I wonder how many other couples there are who are just waiting for the other one to admit the truth so they can leave but are too afraid to say so.

I am really glad that you didn't have to waste yet another year of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit