First time

by Deke 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Deke
    Deke

Good evening all, this is my first time posting.. been reading and following for two years. My story will come soon.... but I want to say to all, thanks for all the meaningful, intellectual, honest, and insightful words!! It’s been an interesting 48 years of service to an organization! I’m free, thanks to you all!!

• jp1692
    jp1692

Welcome!

We look forward to your story.

jp

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome Deke! I reiterate JP's sentiments.

• steve2
    steve2

Happy to hear from you, Deke!

• Perry
    Perry

48 years is a long time. Congratulations!

• gabcol
    gabcol

welcome to the group... we are happy to see you

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Congrats on your "awakening"!

Looking forward to more of your story!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

WOW awakened after 48 years! this is amazing. Welcome!!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Awesome! Welcome to your new life in freedom!

• Exelder
    Exelder

Welcome to the forum Deke.

Your length of service was very similar to mine.

Personally speaking, I felt guilt and shame about leaving initially, then sorrow because I was leaving my family and the only friends that I ever knew.

Then anger set in, thinking about my wasted life. I am in my late 50's with no qualifications and crap job and no pension. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to go to university and who knows what kind of job I would have now.

I am now at a stage of acceptance of my situation and a great sense of liberation (especially on a Saturday morning ....no more field ministry and on Sunday, which used to be totally taken up with meeting in morning, lunch at the hall then ministry in the afterrnoon. I have got my weekends back. YAY!! The novelty never wears off ha ha )

Despite all of that, I am determined never to be bitter. There were some good times and I had some very close friends who I loved dearly.

I hope that you enjoy your freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit