How can a building dedicated to God, be sold?

by krismalone 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

How can a building dedicated to God, be sold?

They disfellowship it first and then treat it as a "building of the nations."

Rub a Dub

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Since Jehovah is as real as Baal.....what difference does it make?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why dedicate those abominations in the first place? I have heard of many of them falling prey to disasters, natural or otherwise. They are quite frequently shoddily put together, and it takes only a moderate wind or snow storm to ruin them. Or, they have electrical fires because of a lousy electrician job. Are these buildings dedicated? If so, what does that say about how lousy a job joke-hova does in taking care of its own things?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah approves of the sale of he gets to keep some of the cash.

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

You’re spot on! I’ve wondered the same myself because I remember reading this article and I couldn’t believe something like this is actually in print. After reading this statement I wondered why would you sell something Christ left you.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/w20090215/They-Keep-Following-the-Lamb/

9. What are included in “all [Christ’s] belongings”?

9 Moreover, Jesus Christ has appointed the faithful and discreet slave “over all his belongings”​—all Kingdom interests on earth. (Matt. 24:47) Included among these belongings are the facilities at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, at branch offices in various lands, and at Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls worldwide. Included too is the work of Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making. Would anyone assign someone he did not trust to keep and use his valuable things?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When they need the money, all bets are off!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit