How can a building dedicated to God, be sold?

by krismalone 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• krismalone
    krismalone

I was just wondering this morning about all the Kingdom Halls and branches being sold to "Babylon the Great" and other businesses. Every single Kingdom Hall and Bethel branch that has been sold was "dedicated to Jehovah" by the Watchtower Corporation. A special meeting with a guest speaker gives a talk and then offers a prayer dedicating the building to YHWH.

Are those buildings that were dedicated and later sold still dedicated to YHWH?

If a building or any property for that matter is given to someone, isn't disrespectful and illegal to just sell it out from under them and reap the profits?

What about Ananias and Saphira who verbally said they dedicated funds to God yet they kept a portion for themselves and God killed them?

The Watchtower makes a big show about dedicating a building for God yet they sell those same buildings to build themselves a 5 star resort in Warwick and live very comfortably. Are they committing the same sin as Ananias and Saphira?

Maybe I'm being too philosophical and just blowing smoke. It just doesn't make sense.

Any comments that would help me to adjust my thinking to be in harmony with gods channel of communication would be greatly appreciated. (Sarcasm).

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You're spot on. Last year I asked an elder if a k.h. is sold to another church does someone from bethel come and undedicate it ? He thought I was serious! Lol the implication went right over his head

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello krismalone,

I do agree with you 100%! Imho you have made an excellent analogy

and what I do like the most is:

" What about Ananias and Saphira who verbally said they dedicated funds to God yet they kept a portion for themselves and God killed them? "

Just think about the million,s and millions of US dollars that the Society

gained -TAX FREE -with all the buildings sales, many "Bethels" all over

the world, thousands of KHalls, and Assebly Halls etc etc.

All dedicated " to Jehovah " ...forever!!!

All the best to you,

JC MacHislopp

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They should have a undedication for the Hall before its sold off to another religoius organization.

Jehovah doesn't live here anymore.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Everything has a price.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Even jehovah. No doubt the watchtower would sell Him off if the price was right

Actually..thats not a bad idea..the perfect scam.

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

The hall gets disfellowshipped. You have to start shunning.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

The Bible say God does not dwell in handmade temples so why would anyone believe Khalls are dedicated place of worship/temple of god??

Say Anything to build their real estate and then sell it by saying anything ! This is how s### works.

Zing

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

You would definitely get counseled for going to a church service, church wedding, church funeral, painting a church, cutting the lawn or maintain a church building !!!... But if the Watchtower Society sells a Kingdom Hall building to a church, then that's ok!!

The French Speaking Baptist Church of Stratford is now located in the former Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall at 494 Milford Point Road.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses sold the building at 494 Milford Point Road to the French Speaking Baptist Church of Stratford for $400,000 in June 2019.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Just because they decided to dedicate a building to Jehovah, doesn't mean it ever was or that he accepted it or even exists for that matter. Nothing they've ever said or done is true or real so why should this be any different?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit