Right everyone watch this video its insane!

by username 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The GMO issue, regardless of its merits, is too trivial to include along with the military involvement. I believe that he could have saved a lot of his and our time on the video if he had just kept it to defense issues.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's not uncommon for a non-JW to make an honest mistake. Even active JWs can't keep their theology straight. He was right about smoking and the drinking thing was probably just an honest mistake.

I'm more concerned with whether or not the rest of the info is legit. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who gives a crap about GMOs?? Ok, we should all give a crap, but let's not let one aspect derail the train. Let's just agree on a couple of items:

1) Some "worldly" people think JWs can't drink. ( Whoopdy-frigging-doo!)

2) GMOs. Are they good or bad? ( It's not important right now.)

I'm more concerned with the rest of the information. If it's true, it shows how the WTBTS has their greedy little hands in the mud, just like every other organized, tax free, head of the Xian hydra.

DD 😇

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    I tried the link but found a site that was not what I expected. I typed it correctly, this was a very long link. Is there any other way to find this information without such a long hyper- text transfer protocol?
  • username
    username

You have a point Village Idiot and I certainly agree with you to a degree. My feeling is because of all the controversy surrounding GMO's he included it.

I happen to be friends with someone who is studying agriculture in what is still regarded as a developing country (the Philippines) she was telling me although the Philippines is still stricken with poverty there is a push to start producing sustainable crops without the use of GMO's. As we all know, if the watchtower can spin a lie that has lasted for over 130 years now I'm sure company's like Monsanto can do the same. How anyone can believe genetically modified food can be good is beyond me.

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

This is the link to save having to type it:

http://nccsweb.urban.org/communityplatform/nccs/organization/profile/id/386043103

Click on the tab "Form 990" and then you can access the PDF's. The one he is referencing is 2014.

• username
    username
    I have the info here meybe if I link it to My Dropbox if anyone is interested in seiing the rather long list of investments?
  • username
    username
    Petraglyph beat me to it haha. Actually the above link is better because it does give definitive proof that this is no hoax and is indeed watchtowers dirty washing. Two thumbs up to you Petraglyph :)
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think GMO's should be viewed with suspicion. Why? Quite simply, GMO's did not earn their right to exist through the evolutionary process.

To paraphrase Dr. Malcolm from Jurassic Park, "Before you knew what you had, you patented it, and put it on a lunch box. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should do it."

DD

• username
    username
    Great comment DATA-DOG :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit