Southern California USA Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses On High Alert

by JW GoneBad 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

JWGoneBad, to equate what this man has purposely done to successive congregations as "ruffling feathers" shows how much of a chasm exists between you and me.

While your suggestion about sending pms to me to check on the wording of your future titles of threads shows some seemingly conscientious responsivity on your part, your clunky sarcasm nicely shows where you are really at.

I'm able to move on. Are you?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

To me this is an example of what a witness would classify as "high alert" paranoids like JWs deem anyone that has a differing opinion and voices it is a "dangerous" individual so to them this is truly "high alert" situation rather than just an annoying situation. JWs are not known for their perspective or objectivity. This is just sillines.

• Simon
    Simon
    Have you Debbie downers ever thought that innocuous websites like this one plays into JW thinking of apostates and those that leave as being bitter, mentally diseased, and critical of "Jehovah's celestial chariot"?

Quite the opposite - I've actually had more than one email from people who've said that they were surprised that we weren't the rabid haters they had been led to believe and expect and that the comments from people calling out unfair criticism of JWs & the WTS were initially kind of shocking and got them thinking and willing to read more from 'the other side'.

As others have said, and I think it's true, people doing stunts to disrupt things might claim they are doing it to save others but if they were truly honest I think they are really doing it because it releases their own anger and frustrations. There's little evidence that many have ever been convinced to leave by these kinds of shenanigans, quite the opposite - it reinforces the JW mindset. If you truly want to help people to leave, you do less headline-glory-seeking work.

It's a shame that some can't come up with more positive ways to channel that energy but haters gonna hate I guess.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

I did not like kevins going into kh's and disturbing meetings. wrong wrong wrong. as far as street anti witnessing he's in his rights . to stand on the street and blab as long as he wants. this guys problem Is he let's the jw's off the hook when he got them busted on a point. he does not know how to embarrass them for lying and make them pay !!! my feeling is when I witness in the street. I have to make the willing jw lie so much on the topic. to bury himself. then I bust out my knowledge and give them the business... trust me given the time (if they are willing) I next to never lose. the newer jw's got in the area get exposed by me for the last 6 months and the old timers that know me for 45 years all come up to me polite and never say a word. how I kick the crap out newer jws . they all know me . maybe getting respect from jw's not to even to try you proves a point JYD

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You're never going to reach people truly in with shock and awe. You WILL get plenty of people that are on the edge or simply accept everything to start thinking, perhaps even children. Why does Jehovah let these people in the Kingdom Hall - the KH is the JW safe space, their preaching guided and protected by angels - break that bubble and you have the beginnings of doubt. Plenty of people have been persuaded by people simply breaking the rules in halls or convention.

Illustrations?

- when I was young my abusive step-dad punched my biological father at the 3 day convention. That stopped my entire biological family except for us and my grandmother to continue going. They were always so so but they went through the motions. This was during the time the JWs got a number of bomb threats in their conventions and they always talked big game from the stage about how nobody ever got hurt and they even announced the threats but stopped evacuating the site. My cousin to this day, even after 25 years of not believing always remembered the questions he had - the angels have to protect us against bombs and they couldn't even protect a punch.

I have many anecdotes where people, entire congregations even will leave the organization for the slightest reasons. Many people are on the brink but are there just in case or because they believe in the protection that many die hards swear by. Break that sense of protection by emulating them or fooling the organization, some will harden but many will fall.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"I noticed the empty seats too. It appears that meeting attendance is not so good these days."

Aint no resistance like passive resistance.:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...the comments from people calling out unfair criticism of JWs and the WTS were initially kind of shocking and got them thinking and willing to read more from 'the other side'."

Oh, so true.

Nothing helps the "apostate" community like the spittle-flecked ranting of rabid, vocal WT loyalists.

God love 'em.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That sort of disruptive behaviour is unacceptable.

However..

That`s the kind of "In Your Face" mentality WatchTower cultivates, they encourage it.

It`s coming back to haunt them..

Image result for Karma

• Simon
    Simon
    as far as street anti witnessing he's in his rights . to stand on the street and blab as long as he wants.

I agree, if they are in a public space then anyone has the right to speak up against them in that same space.

Unless there are crimes happening within some KH, no one has the right to invade and disrupt because that is their private space.

Same with online - going to forums to disrupt and troll = not good. Going to shared spaces like Twitter, have at them.

When they chose to use a public forum then they can and should be challenged. Religionists should learn to stay at home and keep quiet if they don't like their ideologies challenged or questioned.

• Dagney
    Dagney

So not crazy about this method...but, it's probably the most exciting thing that has happened in those KH's in a looooong time. They will be talking about it for years to come.

Boy those KH's looked dreary didn't they? wow.

As was mentioned here before....it was really interesting all the empty seats. Wowsers. Can this be a true representation in most of the halls?

I also think maybe somebody just might check out JWFacts...curiousity will get to someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit