2017 Convention Recording: JWs Applaud 10yo Girl For Shunning Her Own Sister

by pale.emperor 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Chook - I view them as evil in cheap suits.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I feel very sorry for this little girl. Unbeknownst to her, she is being manipulated by the Circuit Overseer, the Elders in her congregation and her Watchtower trained parents or parent to be an innocent 'public relations face', espousing the EVIL pontifications of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. She is having her 'moment in the sun' or '15 minutes of fame' now. Unless she becomes a Pioneer in the next few years and later marries someone with a position in the organization, she will be relegated to the unknown masses of ignored single sisters waiting patiently for Jehovah to 'save' her from the life she was 'unknowingly' forced into.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

At 10yo, whats to say she herself wont wake up in her teens or early 20s? I hope she does. And then what? She loses her family and has to try and find her sister who she shunned all those years and hope she forgives her. Because i tell you what, i wont forgive my family even if they woke up and tried to regain contact. Too much has been done, too much they've said and tried to disrupt the only family i have.

• steve2
    steve2

It is very, very hard to step away from a publically paraded position - but it's not impossible.

Within this family there is already healthy precedent for leaving and being shunned. And, as any one of us looking back at ourselves at age 10 will now know, for this young girl these are incredibly early days.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is awful.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Hah! That podium he's using was in a congregation I used to go to.

It was built from scratch by a brother who is a cabinet maker!

I gave talks from that very same podium. When the hall was remodeled the

this old podium was taken by the RBC for use someplace else!!!

==============

About the video... this little girl will grow up and one day she'll wake up, maybe,

and then remember the foolish things she said about rejecting contact with

her sister. I can only feel sorry for her. What a sickening cult that demands

loyalty and obedience to a bunch of old men who teach children, and parents

to shun their family members!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The irony is lost on the poor little girl.

The harsh shunning and disdain the JWs show her sister, can just as easily be delivered to her if she steps out of line.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I couldn't watch the whole thing, but I get the point. Yes, that video brings some of my most sad memories. And to think that once upon a time that's how I myself was featured many times.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    pale.emperor

I believe that the clip is from an Assembly, as the speaker spent time talking about being "spiritually fat" from the 3 days at the RC.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Was her dress a handmedown from her grandma? Sheesh no sense of style I guarantee She is hom e schooled too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit