Do you have JW-related dreams (nightmares)?

by compound complex 41 Replies latest social humour

• cha ching
    cha ching

I had more of them just after I left, been gone for 5 years now, and don't usually have a dream. If I do, it is not scary, it just has people I knew in JWville, and I am "informed" about "the not so truth" and they don't really know I am 'out'. They weave in and out of the dream, kind of like a crazy thing going here and there.

But lately, nope, no dreams of JWville.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

As a kid I had Tribulation dreams that involved me frantically trying to figure out how I was going to save my little sisters if the "bad guys" threatened to harm them if I didn't renounce Jehovah.

From time to time I still wake up with my heart pounding after dreaming that I had re-enlisted at Bethel. In the dream I'm at Bethel and realize that for some unknown reason I've stupidly quit my job and signed up to work there. At this point, there's no way to undo what I have done and there's no way to get out of this without bringing shame on myself and my family if I don't stick it out.

It's such a relief to wake up and find out it was all a bad dream. I never knew anyone else had this same dream and it's very telling, that so many of us do.

• compound complex
    compound complex

cha ching and others who no longer dream of the JW-oriented life -- what a relief!

From time to time I still wake up with my heart pounding after dreaming that I had re-enlisted at Bethel. -- Pete Zahut

In the OP, I wasn't even thinking of my recurring Bethel dreams. Yes, I returned to Bethel and there was no way out this time.

Thanks.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I often have dreams about JW`s and I wonder if those still in ever have dreams about me ? My wife also has those experiences about people we were associated with for many years .

The last one I recall was that I was asked to give a talk at the KH and I was puzzled by it as I don` believe any of it anymore however I was still going ahead and preparing the talk .

Weired eh ?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, smiddy -- truth is stranger than fiction. It's hard separating what's real and what's not.

Thanks!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I've had a few lately. Some about talks that I'm supposed to give - and feeling annoyed and tired at the idea. Wandering in kingdom halls that really aren't. Sometimes seeing JW's I used to know but a great many that are strangers.

The latest dream was about walking down a long muddy street. I saw a Sister that was all smiling and ready to engage me. I knew she was going to try to be all nice and try to get me back to the meetings, so I just chatted about her dress and how I had to be going. But she started following me. So my next move was to show her a top I had bought to distract her. As she was making fake Aaahss over it, I saw it had a rip in it. "oh, guess I have to take it back, better be going" Well she insisted that her husband knew the store that had sold it and so she would give it to him to return it. (I was getting really annoyed by this time)

No that's ok I said, I'll return it. And then I began to walk faster. She started walking faster. Now the street was like a river of mud and I hurried into a building that turned out to be a kingdom hall. As I dashed across it's wooden floor, I left clumps of mud. I was thinking, as soon as I get outside, I'm going to run and leave her behind. But, before I did that, I politely picked up the mud clumps. Then I woke up.

My main problem. I am too nice. I should have just run.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I have lots of dreams Armageddon is here and it seems to be tsunamis or tornadoes with lightning bolts shooting out of them that is killing people and everyone is running and screaming. I always wake up before the tsunami gets to me though so don't know how the dream ends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I now and then still have a dream that plays in the JW world. I usually wake up when it gets known that I have not submitted a field service report in years. (I am almost 20 years out.)

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

I always had recurring dreams about being back in Bethel as a new boy again, confused because I had a wife and kids back home, but they would understand because it was for the good of the Organization. In my dream, I continuously wander the halls of the building looking for my assigned room. I never seem to be able to find my place. I guess dreams can be pretty damned metaphorical.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

It’s been 38 years since I last went on field service, and I still have the occasional dream that I’m on it again. It’s never particularly unpleasant, but it’s weird because the people I’m on the service with I’ve never met before, and I don’t understand why I don’t just tell them all to ef-off. The more unpleasant dreams are those where I’m back at work, with all the stress and pressure that my last decade or so at work gave me. And I retired seven years ago. From those, I do often wake up with a sweat, followed by tremendous relief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit