Do you have JW-related dreams (nightmares)?

by compound complex 41 Replies latest social humour

• sparky1
    sparky1
    Being an ex-Bethelite my nightmares revolved around me returning to Bethel. Always woke up in a cold sweat with a pounding heart. The irony was that in the dream, I re-applied voluntarily, was glad to be accepted and once I was back at Watchtower Farms, I was flooded with anxiety and felt the impending doom of another 'nervous breakdown'. I had mindfulness based therapy over ten years ago and interestingly enough I have not been bothered with the dream since. I had other Bethel based dreams but this one was a recurring theme.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

I do, sadly I do.

Most are about going to the KH for some strange reason, and all kinds of uncomfortable things happen.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

No, never. I don't have anything JW related in my dreams.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I understand the dream thing....I was df'd about 21 years ago, and I have had dreams about the KH ever since. It's weird. I often (maybe once or twice a week) dream about the elder that molested my sons. In my dreams, he is never a pedo, but he is always sneaking around in a crowd or lurking around a corner, stalking me, trying to get me alone. I hate it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

COCO:

No, I do not have JW related dreams and haven’t had one in many years.

I do have job related or commuter related dreams. They are neither bad nor good but just represent what I did for most of my life.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Here are the results of a quick search I did on the subject. It seems that most of this research is dealing with soldiers suffering from PTSD.

Although our PTSD may not be as severe as that of actual combat soldiers, it is still appropriate to understand and acknowledge that the cult experience is for most people traumatic in its own way:

I've only scanned the articles myself -- I intend to read them more carefully later -- but I expect that there will be some helpful reading to be found!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I rarely dream about JWs now, but, I used to all the time. The dreams themselves were not scary just everyday JW stuff and always with a sense of dread and forboding to them, sinister even.

I have noticed I'm more likely to remember my dreams when I'm trying to figure out the answer to some question or conundrum in my awake life.

All that JW stuff really does seep into your subconscious though and can take a while for it to be exorcised.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I been having recurring dreams about being at the KH or assembly and walking by my parents and I would say hi to them and all they would do is stare at me saying nothing. My father has been dead for almost 9 years and my mother is going on 95 and does not know who anyone is. I can't say these are nightmares but they do make me feel uncomfortable in my dream and after I wakeup. I also realize in my dream I am questioning myself on why I am even at the KH or assembly. I haven't thought to much about it until you brought up this subject. Now I have something else to worry about. Lol Still Totally ADD

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I do dream of Field Service, but each and every time I lead the group in a revolt so we don't go to any doors!

I disagree with Orphancow, I think cars universally mean payments!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Lots of terrific comments!

Thanks, everyone, for posting as well as for the links, jp.

We're all affected differently, that's for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit