This question is not to offend anyone, it's just that I have noticed people have many different reasons for leaving the Borg and I thought it would be interesting to find out why some of you left.
- some leave because they want to be free to smoke, drink, gamble, fornicate, grow beards, celebrate Xmas, take blood and drugs, etc.
- some leave because they never believed and now are old enough to do as they want.
- some leave because they have seen that they can be happy living life free from any religious organization, yet still feel safe in God's love.
- some have been hurt by the Borg and have taken their wounds away to lick them, waiting to see justice.
- some have trusted the Borg with their lives, time and money...........only to discover recently that there has been lies, cover-ups and hypocracy in the Borg. Now they have left but need to belong to another organization to feel happy.
I left the Borg because I found out about the cover-ups and lies. My family was abused by it, my child was sexually abused and I was DF'ed. The hypocracy of the UN scandal, the wealth of the organization while sincere people give up everything, the unloving people who are self-righteous and judgemental, the class distinctions, the pressure they put on families while in and then out of the borg.............splitting families up, and the anger I feel because I was told I could expect one thing if I became a JW yet received the very opposite once I came in. I didn't want to be associated with it any longer.........I was ashamed of it.
So where do you fit in?
Why did you leave?
I look forward to your replies.