Here we go again - I think I'm toast this time

by DanTheMan 47 Replies latest jw friends

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Women..... a precious gift.

To admire their beauty, is our nature.

We must listen to them anytime they say, "I feel........."

We must respect them.... always.

We must treat them as equal, but different in all things.

BUT...We must never ..... ever..... attempt to make believe that we fully understand them.

It will only make you crazy man.

Confucious Say: When you hit the time-clock....Check the penis at the front door.... you can pick it up on your way home.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

It's sexual harasment if you look at them in the eye, if you say hello or anything else for that matter, if you touch them even if by accident or try to treat them like any other human being.

Yet if you totally ignore them then you are not treating her like an equal and are oppressing her as a member of the opposite sex and it would be sexual harrasment all over again...looks like you're screwed either way... sorry buddy.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Confucious Say: When you hit the time-clock....Check the penis at the front door.... you can pick it up on your way home

THAT is the best advice I've every heard - LMAO!!

Crinklestein, (where'd you get that handle?)

Yes, customer service is hell, I'm getting so burnt out on it. Life as a phone jockey is no life at all.

Maybe I'll rent my house out, find a room to rent somewhere, get a jobby job somewhere (but not customer service) and go back to school.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Crinklestein is a nonsense name I came up with in high school. I too work in customer service as a collections rep for a major phone company. Lots of fun. Most of the people around me are cool though. Not too uptight. But if everyone started complaining about every little thing I did I would start complaining about everyone else around me.

I would tell my boss, "well, since it's acceptable to brandish a grudge against everyone and all of their insignificant actions that I am going to start making a list of every little nuance that offends ME and I will give you a daily report. And, in the interest of FAIRNESS I expect you to handle every little complaint to the fullest, just as you handle every little complaint against me to the fullest. Then we'll see how much of this childish behavor you can tollerate."

Down w

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Crinklestein is a nonsense name I came up with in high school. I too work in customer service as a collections rep for a major phone company. Lots of fun. Most of the people around me are cool though. Not too uptight. But if everyone started complaining about every little thing I did I would start complaining about everyone else around me.

I would tell my boss, "well, since it's acceptable to brandish a grudge against everyone and all of their insignificant actions that I am going to start making a list of every little nuance that offends ME and I will give you a daily report. And, in the interest of FAIRNESS I expect you to handle every little complaint to the fullest, just as you handle every little complaint against me to the fullest. Then we'll see how much of this childish behavor you can tollerate."

Down with

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Oopps! Down with stuck up bitches!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I sympathize with your job situation Dan. I had a customer service for 2 years with American Airlines (the real Evil Empire) and I hated it. It burned me out big time. I would never do anything like that again. It was bad enough hearing from hateful people on the phone all day but then management would monitor your phone calls and then you get asked to go justify what you said 2 or 3 days before (like I would remember!).

I encourage you to get out of that line of work and return to the sane world.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((DanTheMan)))))

I'm sooo sorry this happened to you. You deserve better. I don't know what it would feel like to feel attracted to a co-worker...it never happened to me. I don't have advice, just want you to know that I feel empathy for you in this situation. You never know... this woman might become known as the office trouble-maker. She might end up losing her job or self-destructing. She might feel very uncomfortable for what she did. Whatever....she sounds like trouble. Waaaaay too sensitive about the boy-girl stuff...

Just my 2 Canadian cents worth...

Hugs,

ESTEE

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

dan. This doesnt surprise me. Its all a matter of intensity.Ive done, in the past, exactly what youve done and I feel, in many ways, you and I are not far apart. A lot of ex dubs are very uptight about the opposite sex and dont know how to do these things, approaching the opposite sex, in the proper manner. Getting all intense and deep with them just scares them off.They might SAY they want an intense and deep relationship, but they dont want that till AFTER you are married . Prior to marriage I recommend being witty and indifferent and a bit of a sphinx. Its a plan that works much better. I speak from long experience. When you say emotional things like that in future, laugh while youre doing it, That will give a different flavour to what youre saying and will keep you out of trouble. I might also recommend that approaching people at work is dangerous at any time. Its true that Shes an uptight bitch who has made a big deal out of a small thing because she could, she used the system against you man. In future avoid her like plague. Let her lift her own boxes into the boot of her car and if you see her broken down at the roasdside...keep driving dude.

If this is youre first offense of this kind at your work, id imagine youll get away with it. If its your second, you might be in trouble I think.But whichever, be assured that it will go ON RECORD with the company. They never forget anything of this nature

• Debz
    Debz

Hi Dan....
    I think this woman certainly overreacted to your comment and I can understand that men may feel very `fragile` as to what they can say to women in case it gets taken as `inappropriate` or some form of `sexual harrasement`..and I do believe woman CAN take advantage of the `system` in this way and sorry that she felt a need to take it up with management....
    However the other side of that is that SOME men seem to be unaware of what is acceptable and not in the workplace. Example, today I was berated by a male Manager (of another team- he is in admin and I am a professional) most inappropriately in a public place (staff room) and found myself walking out of work today, something I`ve never done before - the grievance he had with me was a simple mistake on my part and I was agreeable with all his requests until he said "you should know better" - un-necessary. I believe SOME men (not all) who are on some kind of power trips think it OK to behave in this manner to a woman colleague and I for one will take the issue further. Too sensitive maybe? stuck up bitch maybe? but I have a right at work to feel OK at work too........

and a bit of a sphinx

Refiner...does that mean you sit in the desert, look regal but do nothing????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit