What makes WT think they can reassign Bethel volunteers to be Regular Pioneers.

by Zoos 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

When the GB cuts loose 1600 volunteers, what makes them think they can continue telling them how they will spend their time? I've read on many of these threads that the 1600 will be reassigned. What, are they still under some sort of contract?

Presumably these 1600 will go home to the congregations from which they came, probably live with friends or relatives for starters, get jobs, eventually a home of their own, take on the responsibilities of everyday life. Most of them will probably not have the time available for field service any more than J.Q. Publisher.

Or are the threads only assuming these ex-Bethlites will be regular pioneers?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I assume the Garbaging Body will expect everyone to simply do as they're told as they've always done.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Standard cult protocol. Even when i left bethel 25 years ago it was 'assumed' for you that you would piosneer. They are kicking them out by "reassigning" them to full time field service but of course its optional. The real message is "you dont have to pioneer but you have to get the hell outta here"
  • millie210
    millie210

To leave Bethel is to take a mighty tumble. In order to have any kind of dignity on doing so a person must have some kind of title.

The throwing them a bone title has always been that of special pioneer.

Its sad really.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

In a nearby hall, there's a single ex-bethelite who was "reassigned to the field" in the early 2000s.

Over a decade later, he is broke, still living in someone's basement, and working full time at the local convenience store, sweeping the floor and making coffee.

So no, they can't be "forced" to pioneer. . . .

All this talk of "reassigning bethelites as pioneers" is simply doublespeak for layoffs.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    turning these bethelites into pioneers is just part of the spin. The posts suggest that the spin is working. The reality is the GB couldn't care less what these people do.
  • cognac
    cognac

I thought Special Pioneers got some money monthly from Bethel. Is that incorrect?

I'd guess that being reassigned as just a Pioneer you wouldn't get money from Bethel.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A few years back I was surprised when a couple of Special Pioneers that I knew well were re-assigned by the Borg to serve where the need was greater a few miles up Country. I thought they would meekly go.

The pair refused, dropped down to ordinary/Reg. Pioneer, stayed put.

Neither of them is in full-time "service" (servitude) now.

I think this latest knee-jerk "plan" by the G.B and its Puppetmasters is going to rattle a few cages.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A Bethelite that wants to live off of Mom and Dad and make Elder Dad look good will probably take the "pioneer" title and save face with the cover story about the urgency of the preaching work. Then he will maybe do token time and hang out at Starbucks but report full service time until they get a good job.

Whether the Bethelite does this or not, the important thing is that congregation members HEAR that this is what is happening -they are all being assigned pioneer positions. If one couple or individual is not pioneering, the locals will wonder what's wrong with them.

WTS really does not care...as already mentioned.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Since they are going to a buffet style service and self laundry its a bad time to be a waiter or laundry worker. On the other hand, cooks should do just fine. They will be sending waiters out to where the need is great, Dennys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit