What makes WT think they can reassign Bethel volunteers to be Regular Pioneers.

by Zoos 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They should consider a coin-operated laundry.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"I thought Special Pioneers got some money monthly from Bethel. Is that incorrect?

I'd guess that being reassigned as just a Pioneer you wouldn't get money from Bethel."

bingo :) correct on both counts

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    They have to sign a vow of poverty and servitude to be bethelites.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

Thanks for the responses. It makes sense now to view the rhetoric as wishful thinking on the part of WT... or good 'ole fashioned spin and marketing.

I know the GB feels it OWNS Christ's belongings, but to presume to dictate such an assignment after you fire someone is a bit much even for those egomaniacs.

• freddo
    freddo

In my area in the UK I know for certain of two bethelite couples and two single brothers - all the men being MS or elders who chose to leave on their own accord within the last year. There was no scandal and they have all retained their titles.

One couple (elder and pio) and one MS have remained as regular pioneers and found jobs - the MS tells me he couldn't cope "with all the politics" and has got himself an office job working as a computer network administrator.

The other elder single brother has privately told me "the place (bethel) was driving me crazy" and he has left to go self employed as a tradesman but is still an elder.

The other couple - he is still an elder and he and his wife aren't pioneering - have set themselves up with a small catering business - are still solid jw's but they also said "bethel isn't the place we joined" and they had both been there over ten years each. "We're in our early 40's and we need to earn a living." He said to me.

So these guys and gals left before this latest set of cuts and they tell me their friends in bethel they have kept contact with are panicking like crazy over the latest announcement.

• cognac
    cognac
    Morpheus - Holy sh*t, that's a really sh*tty thing to do then. Holy crap...
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When it comes to laying off Bethelites, it sounds a whole lot better and less mean for the Society to say these folks will be out there Pioneering rather than scrambling to get on their feet and figure out what the **** they are going to do to survive.

Put a nice spin on it so the "friends" can say "Oh...isn't that nice "

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Good point, Morpheus

being reassigned as just a Pioneer you wouldn't get money from Bethel

I wonder if the r&f figure this bit of the strategy out.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Don't feel sorry for those who will be "reassigned/layed off"

Remember they chose to apply for bethel in the first place. They wanted the glory that being a bethelite awarded them (amongst witnesses)

Now they have to play catch up in the real world? Tough. Many of us have to do the same...get jobs...pay bills etc....

They "had their reward in full" while in bethel....

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Bethelites being sent out into new assignments with their redundancy packages in tow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit