Is Religion Dying Out? - AWAKE! NOVEMBER 2015

by GrownMidget 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• menrov
    menrov

In harmony with those principles, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not charge for their literature or for Bible instruction

well, this is done because of tax issues in the US. Originally they sold the magazines and books and booklets. Cheap but still. SO the statement is not true

Also, not one religion charge for so-called BIBLE INSTRUCTION.... is that a new theme?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Beth Sarim - "Generally religion is dying a slow death, especially the high control ones."

I agree.

Liberal churches, IMO, are the best adapted to survive and thrive in the environment of the Information Age.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

WT is notorious for pointing the finger at someone else guilty of their sins. They also are notorious for double-speak and thought-stopping techniques. This is all DEFLECTION.

When you control people mentally and emotionally, it's easy to deflect.

All they do is monitor criticism that is out there or predict possible criticism and simply bring it up (as if they are not scared of it) and then spin it. They are bold.

Sometimes they do this by accusing someone else of the problem (bring it up, but not as their problem but someone else's). Other times, such as in the May broadcast, they simply say they never do "xyz" even as they do it. (solicit funds)

Unfortunately, the JW's are so brainwashed and such sheeple followers, that the WT simply tells them what to think and they comply.

I guess it could all be called thought-stopping techniques. As soon as a JW has a doubt or question, the WT gives them a second thought to immediately derail that first natural thought / doubt / criticism.

For instance a JW could think this:

"I wonder if the Jehovah's Witness religion is dying out?" Next thought: "No that couldn't be the case, there was just a magazine about Christendom and Babylon the Great dying out. We are Jehovah's people. We expose other religions for dying out. We are expanding."

or this one:

"Do we solicit money?"..... next thought: "No, Brother Lett made that point clear. We have never solicited funds. That is something worldly churches do. So glad I am part of Jehovah's clean organization. But those poor brothers sound like they need some help, though. I think I will donate more this month."

There is a limit to their boldness, though. If you have noticed, they haven't even tried to spin the Australian Royal Commission episode....crickets on that one....LOL

• kookie
    kookie

Many church's still have many going, as there are far more church's than KW.

Its the WT org that is dying out, yes how ironic.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    if you looked at the annual meeting video in part one david splane asks the camera to pan out acroos the hall,most of the people i could see looked over 50 years of age, so in 15 or 20 years how many of those people still be alive
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Pepperheart: if you looked at the annual meeting video in part one david splane asks the camera to pan out acroos the hall,most of the people i could see looked over 50 years of age, so in 15 or 20 years how many of those people still be alive

Sad but true, that too is reality.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It's funny the Borg would publish such an ironic article. With apathy so high in the rank and file and probably a rising tide of doubter after 100 year reign of Christ's existence with nothing to show.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Oh the irony of publishing such an Awake magazine now is just amazing in a way.
  • Malachi Constant
    Malachi Constant
    First impression: The article must be a bad joke. Especially so in many western countries, where the jw religion is dying out as fast as many "wrong" religions. Of course, the society can count on the fact that most readers do not think so they can publish whatever bs.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Is Religion Dying Out?"

Anyone remember this prayer, painted on a wall after 9-11?

''Dear God, save us from the people who believe in you.''

Maybe God's answering the prayer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit