Is Religion Dying Out? - AWAKE! NOVEMBER 2015

by GrownMidget 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Clambake
    Clambake
    Vidiot , I wish I knew how to do quotes but the " Liberal church " is dying at a rate at least 10 times faster than the conservative church.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I was reading that article last night and for some reason I found it especially pompous and arrogant, even for the watchtower.

Does the average JW even realize that going door to door telling people that they are in a “False Religion” might be a tad big offensive ? I really have no words sometimes.

The WTS really appeals to the abnoixus nature of some people.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Clambake - it always bothered me that I was going to people's homes to shove it in their face that I think their religion is wrong. I guess I was never really cut out to be a JW. It seems that the writers of this article realized this problem themselves:

Babylon the Great too “sits on many waters.” These, the Bible tells us, mean “peoples and crowds”—the millions who support false religion.

They say there are "millions" supporting false religion, probably in an attempt to delay the reader's realization that the article is talking about them (I'm assuming they're not atheists, because if they are I suspect they've stopped reading well before this point). Meanwhile a JW will read that and substitute the more accurate "billions" which actually reflects the JW belief that everyone that supports a religion other than JW is in that group.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Clambake...

Just highlight, cut/copy, and paste the http address into the post.

And I never said that liberal churches would survive and thrive.

I said that they were the best adapted.

• Clambake
    Clambake

When I was studying with my elder when I meet my wife I he asked me what kind of religious upbringing I had. I told him I was raised in an plain old protestant evangelical non-denominational church and he looked at with all seriousness

“ Do you think you have been deceived by Satan ? “

It was the first time in my life I think I was highly offended and ready to laugh my ass at the same time. I just sat there with a blank stare, I really had no idea what to say. I thought it might be some kind of dead pan humor at first but sadly it wasn’t.

The smug sense moral superiority of some witnesses is just nuts. They really think they can save people by calling them terrible names at the same time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Yes religion is dying out. And JWs are a religion. But I doubt Awake! will draw the obvious inference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit