Is Religion Dying Out? - AWAKE! NOVEMBER 2015

by GrownMidget 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    "HAVE you given up on organized religion? If so, you are far from alone. In many countries the number of people who describe themselves as ‘not religious’ is growing—a trend that suggests an uncertain future for institutional religion. Some of those lands are shown here." -AWAKE! NOVEMBER 2015
    Oh the irony... Yes, yes I have. Needless to say more.
    Have you?

Anyway, I quickly glimpsed most parts and here are things I want to point out:
    In the article they include money, material prosperity, sex scandals, history of religions, and all the others that is actually going on right now and being exposed in their own organization. Looks like to me that they are trying to make regular members to look at other religions so that they can get their attention away from the Watchtower organization and buys some more time to fix things so that it doesn't look so bad PR wise.

At the middle comes the f-bomb of donations reassuring the current witnesses who might have heard about any *ahem* money problems within the organization, that everything is voluntary:

"In harmony with those principles, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not charge for their literature or for Bible instruction. Nor do they tithe or take up collections at their meetings. Instead, needed funds are supplied through private voluntary donations."
    Aaand at the end comes the regular get out of Babylon the Great yada-yada. I would bet that somewhere in the magazine it shows an example of a person or couple joining Jehovah's Witnesses with their perfect white teeth and they could be never better.

"Join now as our legal and free slave, donate your tax-free money to our deposit boxes and we will promise you a perfect ever-lasting-life-somewhere-in-the-not-so-distant-but-still pretty-far-away-future and as an extra Jehovah will like you on Facebook!"

Link for full article:
    http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201511/organized-religion-dying/

• Watchtower-Free
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Watchtower-Free That is Great! Can I get that in a higher resolution?
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    Its 72 pixels resolution
    307 x 395 px
    when I made the file
  • WireRider
    WireRider
    Priceless
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Generally religions is dying a slow death, especially the high control ones. Most people don't want to be controlled any longer.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I got a call today from my older brother who is not a JW . Our younger brother

dropped by for a visit, he's a JW Elder. He told our older brother, we are cutting back

on the building of new KH. We found out in area where there is not a lot of interest,

it's a waste of time. NO Sh____t. LOL

• kaik
    kaik
    What is happening in the world for Abrahamic religions is disappearing middle ground moderate Christians/Muslims/Jews where the faith and religion was never fundamental issue and was more or less social, cultural, and community event. What is left are fundamentalist, religious extremists and masses people indifferent to religion.
  • mommyfirstandalways
    mommyfirstandalways
    About the funds issue.....I had an ah ha moment wen some letter was read years ago about kh hall loans and I dint know why I never made connection before that we were donating to kh construction funds but they were making loans. Quite the money making scheme!!!
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

The kh fund was and still is presented as there to build khs for more needy congs. But the truth is all congs have to pay for their khs. Does anyone actually know of a kh built for a group of JWs for free? Just the opposite, some still don't have a kh or ah even after getting the $$$ in advance.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/278950

Now after scraping all kh accounts the're grooming the dubs that they might get a remodel or new kh "if the brothers can afford it...???"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit