Motherly Love, that "Unbreakable Bond"

by Simon 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

So sorry to hear of the loss of both of your parents. The good, loving one gone and the living one, a determined (non)Christian / Governing Body worshipper.

Please accept my heart felt condolences to you and your family.

PS: To have a corrupt, business corporation that veils itself as a Christian Charity organization tell it's members that if their family member is smart enough to wake up to WT's lies... then they must be shunned at all cost is inhuman and insane. Any thinking person should be proud to know someone who got out of WT's clutches. Thankfully, most of us on this site have done that. Thank you again Simon for this site. It has been such a help for me as well as many others.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Sorry for your loss-glad you were able to reconnect a bit before at least.

I could never understand that type of behavior towards your own child, especially as a mother myself. It's pretty over the top too - the force must be strong with her.

Living far away from the craziness is definitely a gift.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Simon, the hatred - and I don't use the word lightly - the hatred you've received is fundamental, indoctrinated, and mandatory for all JW's who have friends or relatives who ever dare to question/doubt/reject the self-appointed "slave."

I totally empathise with your situation. My two J.W. siblings got together and decided that because I'd shared 100% truths with them, e.g. the org's involvement with the OSCE, & how much money was pouring in from the HQ sale. The straw which broke the camel's back was telling them about the org's use of a private company to provide backing music for a convention video. I then received a 'phone call from one, telling me never to contact them again for any reason, because I was saying negative things about the organization. Unbelievable! Truth is truth - whether you consider it negative or positive.

If they waken up I'll gladly welcome them back, but until then, we are dead to each other.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for bumping this thread, I missed it first time. Well done on helping your little brother avoid the cult.

I won't be bothering to attend the next funeral

SHe has made that decision easy.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I stumbled on this thread just after stumbling on a DC advertorial article from 2015 with the appeal to improving family life:

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/jehovahs-to-gather-downtown-for-imitate-jesus-convention-256000

The annual three-day convention for Jehovah's Witnesses takes place at the Sudbury Arena starting this Friday.
    The religious group will discuss “the keys to family happiness” during their 2015 “Imitate Jesus!” Convention.
    “The Witnesses’ three-day convention series will demonstrate how Jesus’ example can give parents and children the tools to build stronger and more united families,” a press release said.
    “The program will also include a stimulating examination of Jesus’ famed Sermon on the Mount. Wayne Holroyd, a spokesman for the convention program, explains: 'Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount offers timeless advice that can help parents to better use their time and resources to build a more secure and loving family environment.'”

This organization is truly criminal.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

words cant really do this terrible cruelty justice that so many of us suffer, my mum would have done the same and became more hardlined in the last few years til her death in 2015, her dying wish was that she demanded me to not be invited to her funeral.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Simon. i'm sorry to read you have lost both parents.

this shunning practice has many variables. i'm sure those that practice 100% shunning do it as a sort of unsuccessful control mechanism. my born in first wife is in that category. she shuns our son--because he left her religion simple as that. so--it hasnt worked for her. he's free of it--has a happy and successful life and new family. shes the misery. getting older by the day--70 next birthday. no doubt praying fervently for the end of this wicked system.

when my old dad--a more open minded sort of dub--died 2 years back--i was the one to organise his funeral.

after checking his will with our family solicitor--there was no mention of any specific funeral arrangements--i arranged a simple non-religious commital. no service--no prayers--no songs. and i certainly did not notify his former congregation. i did not want any involvement with those hypocrites.

he will live on in my memory--and when i'm gone--so will he.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Thank you for sharing. The Borg is a destructive cult that destroys life's, families, and belief in a loving caring God.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Simon, I'm so happy that you and your son got to spend time with your brother and family at his wedding and that you had some precious time with your Dad at the end of his life.

It has always been important to my husband to stay in contact with his JW parents even though they have shunned him (necessary family business only; they never initiated contact) for nearly 50 years.

When my MIL died a few months ago, I asked my husband how he felt about her passing. He said she was, "just some crazy old bitch that hated him", so no great loss.

Now that my FIL needs help running his real estate business (he is 90 years old, and my MIL always handled the business admin), and my FIL's congregation elders have made it clear that it's not their job to care for him other than spiritually, my FIL expects a call every day at 6:30pm sharp. My husband is glad for the brief check in and has travelled 500 miles to see him 4 times in as many months, and we have just retained an attorney to try to protect him from a local scam artist.

We did not see my in-laws at all in the last 7 years. My MIL was definitely the hardcore JW, and it's hard not to feel used now. The thing is we all get to choose how we respond to other's behavior. We choose not to let others define who we are. At the same time, there is absolutely no reason to subject ourselves to abuse. Sometimes no contact, as with your mother, is the only option. It's a shame it has to be this way, but it's on her, not you.

Diane

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I believe that the very best way to expose the shitty shunning policy of the wtbts is to show up at events such as family weddings and funerals and force the issue in front of other non-witnesses. Make the jw's that shun you have to defend their inhumane practice "before all onlookers"!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit