Motherly Love, that "Unbreakable Bond"

by Simon 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

Sounds like you set the good example, Simon. Jesus said that people would know the tru religion by the love shown among themselves. So, that was true love on your Mother's part because after all, she is in the true religion so it must be true love.

Kind of circular reasoning. I think you broke the vicious cycle by actually trying to do right.

Sorry about your Dad. Your Mom is just going to have to live with her bitter ending. My respects to you.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I'm sorry about your losing your father, Simon, as well as the treatment you received.

Thanks for giving this place to share our stories.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Glad to see you had some good moments with your dad. I feel sad that your mother was under WT brainwashing and she treated you rather poorly due to this cult. Telling your story to others has it's healing benefits one being it causes me to think about my parents and grandparent and appreciate the perils our forefathers faced in trying to make it in this world and how these cults pray on ignorance.

• LV101
    LV101

Simon -- I'm so sorry for the loss of your father and what you've endured with your mother. She's not in her normal, sane, mind, but sick and high on cult promises she's resolved to hang onto. It's heartbreaking and such a huge loss she doesn't have you in her life.

Thank you for all you do for others.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The relationship between a Mother and her son is special, everyone knows this instinctively. Even into middle age, your Mum is someone you confide in, ask advice from and trust never to hurt you.

That's why maternal betrayal is so painful.

Sorry you went through this Simon.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sorry for your lost. Maybe one of these days we can get together and compare notes on our mothers. This cult seems to bring the worse out of people. Take care and thank you for this site. Still Totally ADD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Simon I am sorry for your loss. My dad died before I woke up and was able to tell him he was right that whole time.

And sorry for how your mom acted:(

Now as a parent I can't imagine ever not talking to my kids.

Your right - that is unfathomable to me.

• flipper
    flipper

SIMON- My wife and I send our deepest condolences to you on the loss of your dad. I've lost both my parents in the last year and a half, and it's always a tough situation. We wish you and your family peace during this difficult time and going forward. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Simon, thank you for sharing your story. So sorry your mum treated you like crap. Glad you had some quality time with your dad before he passed and that your half brother made a life for himself.

Yes, it's always good to go back to Blighty, I'm going there myself in the summer.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Wow, I'm surprised I somehow missed this.

I'm sorry, but what a pathetic, ignorant, stupid fucking bitch - this is harsh language but understandably you need to vent after the way you've been treated.

I'm kinda in a similar situation: my mum's dead and me and my dad have fallen out (though nothing to do with the WTS). I've called him every name under the sun ... worse, I've fantasised about what I'd like to do to him if he ever had the misfortune to run into me. Not nice but there you go.

At least you might be able to take some small comfort in the fact that your mum is brainwashed by religion - in other words, this latest behaviour isn't her real personality.

Well I can't take any such comfort. My dad is just a prick. XD

now I have none as far as I'm concerned because shunning works both ways - I won't be bothering to attend the next funeral - yeah, this is understandable. I won't be attending my dad's funeral, either.

Six feet under is the best place for him, as far as I'm concerned. Useless bastard.

I checked his FB news feed the other day and he was kinda playing 'working class hero'. He'd posted a meme that says "if you want something, get off your ass and earn it!" - nothing wrong with this per se but he has inherited £280,000 from my maternal grandmother. I don't think self-awareness is one of his strong points. XD

Here's my comment I posted on his 'working class hero' meme ...

"Hi everyone! Given that Bill Lewis (my father) posted the above you might be thinking that he’s the type who has earned every penny he owns. Well, this isn’t quite true. In April 2013, he inherited £280,000 from my maternal grandmother. He didn’t attend my maternal grandmother’s funeral … neither did he help my maternal aunt sell the estate. I’m his son but the first I found out about his inheritance was in July from my cousin. Furthermore, he has decided to give the lot to his fiancée, Sharon Osborne, a woman who met my maternal grandmother just the once. Hey-ho, I mustn’t bitter about this. I realise that I have a lot of something that my dad doesn’t have … life. I’m only half way through my life whereas Bill Lewis is near the end of his. Thank you for reading this. Ma3a salaama."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit