How Many JWs Really Believe Everything They Are Told?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I believe that most if not all of the JWs don't believe 100% what they are told. I think that all JWs have doubts in one form or another. Just something has to ignite that powder keg of doubts which they may have.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    34.2%
  • minimus
    minimus
    Old timers might accept everything but the new generation, over the last 25 years remain in the religion for various reasons without believing 100% .
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Like I said one time before, it is the loooooongtimers who have been in the Borg for 45-50 years plus. They are the ones who will believe everything no matter what they are told because of investing all those many, many years in the Borg!! There is NO possible way!!! There is no possible way they can be swayed because they will believe the Borg no mater what they are told, no matter how loonie and crazy the new doctrines are. After investing decades upon decades in the Borg.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

How Many JWs Really Believe Everything They Are Told?

NOT MANY. Most will admit as much. But trying to get one of these to get specific and spell-out what teaching(s) they disagree with is rare.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

to me, i don't care who believes 100% or not. all that matters are my son's and both believe 0% of what the BORG teaches.

has for my wife......she believes 100%! she will die for the BORG. and guess what, i don't give a rats ass if she died for the borg, if she left me for the borg, nope....she could have it and shove it up her arse!!!!!!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Some believe 100%. Even if they have some doubt, they do not have anywhere else to go. If they left, they would loose everything. Their whole world revolves around everything JW.

People like us can not live a lie, so we choose to leave, no matter what.

• hoser
    hoser
    I think the elite in the org don't believe 100%. How can you be a multimillioniare building houses and businesses, on vacation for a quarter of the year and serve as an elder going on the stage telling the sheeples to simplify their life.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I shouldn't say all of the long timers, those in 45-50 years, will never doubt the Borg.

There have been accounts of some who were hard-liners in the Borg for over 45 years then they get dfd or fall away or something. Sometimes people are not always what they may appear to be on the surface. You really never know what people are really thinking.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm sure this latest money grab and mass lay off of cheap slave labor has got people doubting especially those that got the axe have got to have their doubts after such cruel treatment without any reasonable warning. The events now transpiring are giving many doubts and it is spreading as more dig a little deeper to find out why(?) which is only natural.

I would say that recent events have changed the way the majority inside the fold are now looking at the GB and organization for answers and it will take a little time before we can see the effects of all this bad news circulating around the world about the Watchtowers financial down turn and duplicity in handling matters when children's lives and welfare are involved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit