JW Urban Legends

by Azalo 102 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

in the mid 60's, I remember hearing that Tootsie Rolls has blood in them.

Tootsie Rolls are cholocate..we kept eating them

Lisa

• blondie
  • berylblue
    berylblue
    All the birds flying around in 1984 was a sign that Jah was adding to their numbers in order for them to eat those who die at armaggedon!

That's disgusting It always bothered me how no one other than me appeared to be traumatized by birds eating humans at Armegeddon.

My Service Overseer told me he always checked and prayed before he got anything at a yard sale because a sister got a handbag once which told her not to go out in service every time she opened it.

Beryl

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Hee-hee! I heard that one, too, except the angels were protecting her from a rapist. He was supposedly considering raping her coz she was at the door by herself (that hardly ever happened where I lived), but then he saw the two big guys behind her.

• rebel
    rebel

These stories are hilarious - I haven't laughed so much in ages.

xxR

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Ugh...too many people posted in between. My comment was in regards to rebel's comment.

As for the bag telling her not to go out in service, I think that was just an excuse. ;)

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I heard the one about the two big guys behind the sister at a circuit assembly about 15 years ago !!! We also had Smurf fear running rampant in our cong. Anyone who watched the Smurfs or owned any Smurf stuff was viewed as very weak. I seem to remember legends about studies trying to burn their ouija boards and whatnot. They wouldnt burn or if they did then it screamed and smoldered for hours. And NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a bible at a tagsale. You never know if a voodoo priestess owned it and cast spells or eminated some other evil with a bible produced by someone other than the wtbts.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I don't remember the Smurfs ever being feared like that in the UK...strange, must have been a US thing.

I remember a similar 'invisible companion' story told to me by an older sister. Two brothers went to witness to a spiritualist and were invited in. As they sat talking to the woman she kept looking over the brothers' shoulders at something behind them. Eventually she interrupted their conversation and said 'yes, I see, but why doesn't he ever say anything' pointing to the blank space behind the brothers. Apparently, she could see the angel that was overseeing their ministry!

I was also told by an elder that sudden drops in temperature was a sure sign that demons were present. He related incidents to me of how he would be witnessing to someone, the temperature in the room would drop, and the person he was talking to would get nasty...as if influenced by unseen forces! Apparently proof that the demons didn't like the 'truth' being told to people.

One common thread in most of these urban legends, the resistance of demons to the ministry and the confirmation of angelic oversight, is evidence of the desire to justify their belief that they are doing the right thing, in the face of those awkward nagging doubts. I would imagine most evangelical religions have similar accounts from their members.

• berten
    berten

A few urban legends I heard when I was a Jaydub: The one about three pioneers in a country where JW's where forbidden. They were surprised by a thunderstorm and one of them was hit by lightning, the other two searched his belongings to find a contactadress to report his death to.Instead they found out he was a government spy who infiltrated the JW's.They saw his being zapped to death as protection by Jehover. The one about the JW-hater who named his dog "Jehovah".One fine day two JW's where visiting him and he set the dog on them,but it turned and killed his owner. The one which was supposed to prove that the Vatican was satanic,a couple who was visiting the garden over there (As far as I know,the Vatican is not open to visitors so this story already falls apart...) got locked in.While trying to find their way out they heard a loud screaming.A naked woman was running away from some priests or cardinals. They reported this to the police when they finally got out but they were told to leave the city immediately and not to talk to anyone else about what they had seen. Strange enough,I never heard any evil Smurf stories over here in Belgium from where they originate...

• rebel
    rebel

It's funny about the smurf stories. I never heard them, but I heard many tales about 'My Little Pony'. I was told that they had been invented by a wizard and that one young sister saw her collection of ponies floating around her bedroom and they floated out of the window!

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit