Guns...Are You For or Against Legally Owning Them?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas jefferson

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."

- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."

- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

I]f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."

- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28, January 10, 1788

• RolRod
    RolRod

I've owned a small arsenal for years

• minimus
    minimus

It’s funny that you’re not hearing crazy anti gun activists saying we need to get rid of guns! Where are all these loudmouths? Not a peep lately. Hmmmm

• wolverines
    wolverines

They are there Minimus there is just no crisis they can exploit at the moment.

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

They arent saying anything they actually doing it. There are several proposed bills in the house that would enact radical bans. Several states are taking action as well.

The McCloskey‘s, who legally defended their home against rioters (without firing a shot) had their firearms seized.

its stronger than ever.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

thank god i live in the UK where gun ownership ( other than shotguns ) is rare--and usually illegal.

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Rule #1 when going to a gun fight.......bring a big gun!

Rule #2 when going to a gun fight......bring friends who have big guns!

just saying!

• wolverines
    wolverines

I just read an article that Biden said he is going to put AR15s Mini 14s and AK47s under NFA rules and owners have to pay $200 Tax stamp to keep them go through the finger printing ect. I wonder how many will do that or just hide them.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Stan, sounds like you desire a certain martyrdom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit