Guns...Are You For or Against Legally Owning Them?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

Hi. Would just like to let you know you flogs that I live in a city that’s just just gone 100 days without community transmission. Seem to have some sort of leadership here. And no assault rifle in sight.

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

Any questions Minimus?

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Congratulations?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Morph,

Military and police constantly drill the use of firearms. There's a good reason for that.

Simply owning a gun may make you feel safer, but you may not be any safer unless you regularly train under various scenarios.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    I think many people put great trust in the effect the sight of the firearm will have on the thug. In my small homeguard unit we aim at shooting once a month and they know it is not enough but it is also a freewill organisation
  • newsheep
    newsheep

I have no problem with owning guns but take a safety course first. We have two exjw friends in Georgia where they each own two 9mm glocks. All they had to produce was identity proving they live in the US. That was it. They didn't even know what a back drop meant just before you shoot something. Asked why they got the guns and it was for protection only. No safety course required on how to properly store, load, unload, ammunition ect,,,,.

Here in Ontario we have to take a safety course in order to get our PAL ( Possession and Acquisition License ) license and if you want to hunt then on top of the PAL course you have to take the hunting course as well in order to get your small games license and if you want to hunt wild turkey that's another course attached to the hunting course. (it use to be separate) Also if you want to own a handgun then that's still another course and you can only use it at a firing range. You cannot use it for target practice on your own property unless you put up your own firing range and that's too expensive and lots of red tape BS to go through. And when it leaves the property you have to let the police know when you're leaving and when you'll be back home with it. ( unless you plan on killing someone then all the rules are out the window and the person will do it no matter what )

Own as many guns as you want but gun safety courses should be mandatory first before you're allowed to own one.

• Simon
    Simon

The gun debate is over, no one is going to stand up in public and credibly claim there's a case for stopping Americans having guns.

The ironic thing is that it was the left who settled the debate and convinced everyone that guns are a good idea. When they send their brown-shirts onto the streets, that is the result.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I think trust and a good information network is the safest community defence. Some people are SO dangerous a gun isn't really going to give you much protection. Especially if you are a bad shot.

• minimus
    minimus

Pants...speak English

• scary21
    scary21

Yes I will be getting one and learning to use it ! No fear here, I would use one, no problem. It's almost a must now ! I had BLM a mile from my home. They were peaceful for now just signs saying DEFUND POLICE . NUTS !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit