Guns...Are You For or Against Legally Owning Them?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There is a surge going on of people buying guns, especially first time buyers. With talk of police defunding and rioting in the neighborhoods, some people want to protect themselves.

Do you support owning and using a gun if needed?

• TD
    TD

Yes. Self protection is a fundamental right

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, yes, yes yes, yes.

I own several firearms (more than what I wish to tell you).

But they should be registered, fingerprinted and owner responsible if they are used illegally.

Not a whole lot different than getting a drivers license. Go through the steps. Take the class. Do whatever.

If someone breaks into my house, there will be a .357 Magnum pointed at their head.

On the other hand, owning a gun should be like having a college degree ...... you should earn it. Second Amendment and all other things considered, the ability to purchase a firearm should not be just like fogging a mirror if someone puts it under your nose,

• wolverines
    wolverines

I was looking at an AR platform gun. But its all but impossible now, unless you want to pay out the rear end. And Ammunition is getting very difficult to find.

• minimus
    minimus

Rub, this is the reason I take all your bs. Iā€™m scared of you and your damn guns! I will never say anything bad to you again, my wonderful friend.šŸ˜

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I agree it is a fundamental right. To protect yourself and loved ones. The world is a dangerous place and even the disciples of Jesus had some swords Luke 22:38

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine if everyone listened to those people who said you have to get rid of your guns.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Americans forget [or were never correctly informed, much like JWs regarding the bible], that the 2nd amendment was created specifically to allow the citizens of the USA to have a revolution. Never intended as a way to protect life and property, that was just a bonus benefit of having the right to overthrow the government if the citizens felt that was in order.

ttwsyf

• hybridous
    hybridous

2nd amendment was created specifically to allow the citizens of the USA to have a revolution. Never intended as a way to protect life and property, that was just a bonus benefit of having the right to overthrow the government if the citizens felt that was in order.

Are these concerns not ONE and the SAME?

Should you be compelled to over throw the government, one would assume that it was not fulfilling its role as far as protecting life & property....

What other circumstances can be imagined that one would endure, where life and property were in jeopardy but revolution was somehow NOT on the table...?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Iā€™m scared of you and your damn guns! I will never say anything bad to you again, my wonderful friend.šŸ˜

Min ...

Don't worry. If you break into my house at night, just yell out "It's Minimus"

All will be good. I won't give you a hug now but maybe one of the elbow bumps or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit