A Big Hello From Mouthy/Grace and.....

by label licker 39 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If I am reading this right, our dear old friend Grace ,who posted under the name of Mouthy is now in serious decline. We always affectionately called her the forum granny. She reached out to a lot of people. Of her two daughters , one is apparently in touch with her but the one that is still a J W shuns her... Have I got that right ? I can be a bit thick.....

A regular dub and elder's wife would not dare to follow this board. For them the Sun shines out of JW.borg....

I understand the concept of expelling the lawbreaker from the cong.membership,but to go as far as shunning your close family is just wrong and the invention of men, not Christ. Sadly the WTS dose not seem to be relenting on this anytime soon. See this from study WT Feb 2016 :

A conflict of loyalties may arise when a close relative is disfellowshipped. For example, a sister named Anne [1]received a telephone call from her disfellowshipped mother. The mother wanted to visit Anne because she felt pained by her isolation from the family. Anne was deeply distressed by the plea and promised to reply by letter. Before writing, she reviewed Bible principles. (1 Cor. 5:11;2 John 9-11) Anne wrote and kindly reminded her mother that she had cut herself off from the family by her wrongdoing and unrepentant attitude. “The only way you can relieve your pain is by returning to Jehovah,” Anne wrote.Jas. 4:8
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Anne Marie please telephone your mother. Don't fool yourself that her decision has put you in a difficult position, you have decided to shun her. Take some responsibility for your actions and phone your mum before the day comes when you cannot phone her anymore, please.
  • cognac
    cognac
    We always affectionately called her the forum granny.

She was.... You are right on your other points too. I feel sad that this topic hasn't received more responses, because she was there for SOOOOOOO many people.... Maybe there aren't a lot of people on here that are old timers, idk.... I just wish she could feel how much of an impact she's had on people.....

I keep thinking maybe someone will read her these responses.... I wish more people would reply.... She's helped so many....

• Giordano
    Giordano

I hope Anne Marie will reach out to her mother.

Only the simpleminded religions still shun.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is sad to hear, but not unexpected.

Although the WTB&TS claims otherwise, death (and often, the decline that precedes it) is a NATURAL part of the "circle of life."

Many times in the recent past Grace spoke of her willingness to meet her personal end.

She will be remembered by all who had the privilege of knowing her for her youthful spirit, her sense of humor and her willingness to help others avoid the snare that complicated her life.

I loved her, in a totally appropriate and non-sensual way.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    label licker, keep us posted on how Mouthy is doing.
  • OzGirl
    OzGirl

I registered only a year ago, but had been lurking on here for about 5 years before that. I can't say that I know Grace well, but I loved reading her posts from years ago. Great sense of humor.

I'm sorry to hear that she is not well.

Ann Marie, please pick up the phone, before it is too late.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Grace is a wonderful lady, I really hope she gets to talk to her daughter soon!

• Happeanna
    Happeanna

When I was in this forum many years ago I always followed what mouthy/grace wrote, and what she up to, she is a really wise kind funny lady. She always gave such a warm welcome to the newbies.

i can't see her daughter contacting her at this late stage, but I wish she would for her sake.

God bless Mouthy. x

• Lieu
    Lieu

Her daughter is programmed by irrelevant men to not care about the woman that carried and gave birth to her. If the conversation is not of a religious nature, Ann has an obligation to take care of and speak generally to Grace.

So sad to hear.

Meh, 1914. The supposed year of the rapture. Lest we forget the actual reason JWs had this guess of a mess date in the first place.

Saying you know the time of Christ's (literal or invisible) return is calling Christ a liar. Christ said no one knows that info but the Father. You call Christ a liar, you call Jehovah a liar since it's his words Christ spoke to mankind.

Grace didn't believe it and neither do I. I for one am not going to call God a liar.

Sending my best wishes to Grace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit