March 22, 2017 TO ALL CONVENTION COMMITTEES Re: Discontinuation of Physical Distribution of Convention Releases

by wifibandit 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Dear Brothers,

We will need to stop the physical distribution of books at Conventions so as to make sure sufficient funds are available to pay high priced NYC lawyers to protect our asses from the tide of law suites we feel are coming our way.

Your brothers,

bla bla bla

P.S. dont forget to remind the friends to keep sending us money!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Who needs books when you've got that post cult indoctrination video session dilated pupil, half smile, vacant stare, high going on.

Besides, they're all going down to the town square to take selfies of themselves dancing their arses off in celebration of the Guardians of Doctrine and Jah the Jerk God of the universe.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What Simon said!

It was always a monumental "show off" for all involved.

The ones who were "chosen" to hand the books out were the "spiritual youth" who got to claim bragging rights.

Then as Simon said, the clamouring to get the books first was mind blowing in the stupidity!

The hype the GB created was always uncomfortable.

When I was in Bethel, the new releases were even in a sectioned off area of the Shipping dept that was restricted so that no "ordinary non approved" bethelite could see the books before the convention!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They don't seem to realise that the less they produce the less they will receive in donations in a downward spiral. It's as if they think people are going to keep on donating anyway. A misapprehension you'd think the last two decades would have thoroughly disabused them of.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

1. Are we sure this letter is real? We had a "fake news" letter posted a few weeks ago I beileive. So how can we tell the difference?

2. Even if it's fake, it's probably true - in the long run. Because that's the logical progression.

3. Is it feasible that the Society could stop all physical book and magazine production? And maybe evenoutsource the printing of Bibles.

4. In that case, if they printed nothing at all, how many personnel could they cut back, how many branches and how many bethelites would be left?

Is this restructuring putting them on a steady financial basis, or are we witnessing the chaotic disintegration of the organisation here?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I predicted here 9 years ago that WT would stop physical publication. That was just on the basis of what Christian Scientists were doing, before I realised WT is in such a terrible position financially, before tablets and readers became popular, and when I thought books would go into terminal decline.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/167768/christian-science-monitor-gives-up-printing-paper-will-wt-follow

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I predicted here 9 years ago that WT would stop physical publication. That was just on the basis of what Christian Scientists were doing, before I realised WT is in such a terrible position financially, before tablets and readers became popular, and when I thought books would go into terminal decline

Perhaps you could be the one to help me interpret this wild dream I had recently, it's troubled me deeply.

Your house will become a giant literal shithouse otherwise, wise man slimboyfat.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It's okay. The less they give, the less $$$ I contribute guilt-free.

DY

• steve2
    steve2

I am embarrassed to say I was one of the brothers who waited breathlessly for any new release at District Conventions, devoured its contents oblivious to all else going on around me, and was "thrilled" to announce to all who cared to listen that I had discovered a new insight or understanding.

My mother named me Stephen but some people called me "Tiresome".

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It was brought out on YouTube that 70 % of all growth was from only 7 counties and these were mostly third world countries. I think their getting to the point of not even caring for the flock anymore, just extract what they can and invest what they have in some kind of investments they think will be successful. Even the days of new Kingdom Halls are over unless their forced to build one somewhere. Their definitely in decline and that's awesome news!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit