March 22, 2017 TO ALL CONVENTION COMMITTEES Re: Discontinuation of Physical Distribution of Convention Releases

by wifibandit 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Just another evidence of the decline of the JW religion. cutbacks ,cutbacks,cutbacks are the norm nowadays.

• stillin
    stillin

Along the same vein of thought as Sparrowdown, half of the Witnesses really can't read anyhow. They need cartoons and dramatic videos to get anything out of it at all. The WTS is still spending a wad on making videos. If the emotional impact is there, the r&f will give.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    They don't seem to realise that the less they produce the less they will receive in donations in a downward spiral. It's as if they think people are going to keep on donating anyway. A misapprehension you'd think the last two decades would have thoroughly disabused them of.

The credit card machines at Brighton seemed to doing a brisk trade every time I went past them. It only ever seemed to be females getting their plastic out however.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Im amazed that, in just the year since i left, how much they rely on video's to learn now. Not just at the conventions but in the KH too. Do they even do demonstrations anymore? Or is it always the silhouette video pretensions all the time now?

Only reason i can think of for this is, keep from away from reading the actual information because they may go online and research further.

• sir82
    sir82

It's okay. The less they give, the less $$$ I contribute guilt-free.

Why are you contributing anything at all? That's just stupid.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Old news!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes......We long remember the thrill of receiving the latest book. If somebody could not make it to the convention they would entrust a friend to " bring me back the new releases, if their are any" . Everybody wanted one now, not months later when the cong.,got them in.

It might save money alright, but as BB King used to sing...." The thrill is gone"?

• sir82
    sir82

Everybody wanted one now, not months later when the cong.,got them in.

It might save money alright, but as BB King used to sing...." The thrill is gone"?

Not to mention that for the past, what? 4 or 5 years? There are no truly "new" releases - just rehashes or condensations of previously released books.

In that time they've rehashed and/or condensed the "Greatest Man" book, the "Young People Ask" book, the "Bible Stories" book, the "ProclaImers" book, the "Family Life" book, there's even a condensed & simplified "Bible Teach" book.

The last somewhat original book was "Imitate their Faith", which came out in 2013. Since then - zippo. Nothing - nothing - evenly remotely new.

It's like they don't even care any more.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I suggest you stop donating to the religion. If you donate according to the actual value you receive, you would have to donate a negative amount (all you are receiving is your soul used to help joke-hova enslave the whole world). Of course, as much as I wish, it is impossible to make a negative donation. So, you will have to settle for making zero donation.

At least what I do receive is in physical form. When I spend the money on silver, I actually receive the metal and not a paper that says that I own it (a claim). And I tend to have a decent diversity--the basic stack I recommend is one roll of silver quarters (Washington, since older quarters tend to have more silver worn off), two rolls of silver dimes, 10-15 official coins (one ounce Eagles or Maple Leafs are most recommended), 10-15 generic one ounce rounds or bars (mix and match as you see fit), and one five-ounce bar of silver. In the beginning, stay away from more expensive coins (the Australian and New Zealand series tend to have higher premiums). Getting this basic stack, instead of donating to the Worldwide Damnation Fund, will give you around 40-45 ounces of silver. You keep the silver. The cost is roughly the amount one family might donate at a Grand Boasting Session.

Now, that might seem like a pathetic stack. But, it is only a base. You get that, and you will have more than most people in the world--the average person has around 1/10 ounce of silver. You will also be able to outlast any jokehovian that sheepishly donated to these stupid causes, since the average jokehovian has none. Since you simply bought it with Grand Boasting Session donation money, the net cost of this modest and basic stack of silver is zero. And you do not spend your money helping joke-hova to enslave the whole world--you help yourself, instead.

Then, when the electronic version comes, simply freeload it if you see fit. It costs you nothing, and so you donate nothing. If you see fit, feel free to save it to a USB stick or SD card (assuming you can tolerate the rubbish). Nothing says you have to donate for it then, either. Just take advantage of the free download, if you so choose. Of course, once again I advise you keep the donation in line with the actual value you receive (probably it will be negative).

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A moderate amount is reasonable. All things cost $$$.

I do benefit in part of all religious gatherings. It's not all lost.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit