Who is The Lord?

by JW Answers 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

TPWSYF - You have lied repeatedly that you have already answered my challenge. I invited you to simply provide a link to the post where you did so. I promised that if you did that then I would apologise. I predicted you would refuse to backup your lies with a link.

I was correct.

First off, I am TTWSYF. That stands for 'The Truth Will Set You Free. Not 'The Phalanx Will Set You Fuc*&^%., OK Cofty?

I am going to address your request with 100% sincerity. My analogy of time comparing to the Trinitarian Godhead was just an analogy. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost in the[true] Christian faith of the Trinity is like the relationship of time in so much as past, present and future are all equally time. Just an analogy. So here is my personal take on the trinity. This is just my take on something that cannot be explained. Not ashamed to acknowledge that I cannot explain the trinity...so here goes.

God, the Father is an awesome being. Too awesome for comprehension. He [although, not a male or female, but is a fatherly person] is so awesome that when he speaks, his word/s are alive. He is God and he spoke us into existence. His words are alive. His word is Jesus and he is not only the word of God in law, he is also the spirit of God's law. That's how awesome that God the Father is. Because Jesus is God's word [in spirit], Jesus has all of the authority of God the Father. He is like the hand of God. Now because God loves his word, which is alive. He loves his word with so much love that his LOVE is alive. That;s how awesome God is, that not only is his word alive, but his love is alive also. To me, his love is the Holy spirit. Not an active force, but true to the scriptures, showing all the attributes of a coherent being. Hope that's short and sweet enough for you.

coftya day ago

Steel - I was an evangelical xtian. I probably understand theology better than most christians.

The trinity is nowhere in the bible.

Posts like this make me thing that I'm just wasting time with you. You are excessively arrogant and condescending. Are you worth me replying anymore?

You seem to be suggesting that the trinity is not in the bible

Definitely not. The bible states point blank that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are God. The word trinity was not recorded until the church father Terturllian I believe

but the Catholic church have a special line to God which trumps scripture.

the smartest thing that you have ever written in my mind. Why would I think such a thing, do you think?

Shall we chat about the nest of pedophiles that is otherwise known as the Roman Catholic clergy sometime?

I hate that. Just like everyone else. Want to talk about it here? Start a post topic

TTWSYF, not TPWSYF

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

"If you cannot explain something simply, you simply don't understand the topic well enough yourself".

Just my two bobs worth. Apparently a well respected smart guy said something like that.

I've watched this topic with great interest and there are more questions than answers regarding the trinity concept.

That in itself speaks volumes with respect to bible eisegesis and seriously questions the same.

As a layman, I wouldn't mind reading a succinct scriptural answer. Or, has our time in religion fused our neurons !?

jtg

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Love is alive? A coherent being? That doesn't make any sense. How could a being not be coherent?

• cofty
    cofty

Well it has only taken 7 pages, countless requests and endless insults and personal attacks but at last you have made an attempt at answering my question. Thank you.

I have edited down the key paragraph to make it easier to identify the three parts of the trinity. If you think my editing has misrepresented your views in any way please let me know.

God, the Father is an awesome being ... His words are alive. His word is Jesus ... Jesus has all of the authority of God the Father. He is like the hand of God ... He loves his word with so much love that his LOVE is alive ... To me, his love is the Holy spirit. Not an active force, but true to the scriptures, showing all the attributes of a coherent being. - TPWSYF

I am really struggling to see how your description gets us even close to the christian trinity but I'm going to have another read at it over the weekend and then get back to you with a thoughtful reply.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

at last you have made an attempt at answering my question. Thank you.

I'm going to have another read at it over the weekend and then get back to you with a thoughtful reply.

My first thought is 'who are you and what did you do to Cofty?' But I'll await your reply....lol

TTWSYF

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Love is alive? A coherent being? That doesn't make any sense. How could a being not be coherent?

My point being that in the scriptures, the Holy Ghost/Spirit has the attributes of a person and not just a force as promoted by the WTS. Described as 'he' who can mourn, grieve, love, get angry, etc. Things that a being does, not an inanimate force.

TTWSYF

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Cofty says

My challenge remains. Please describe the trinity simply in your own words, without self-contradiction and without resorting to esoteric theological terms.

My reply was

God, the Father is an awesome being. Too awesome for comprehension. He [although, not a male or female, but is a fatherly person] is so awesome that when he speaks, his word/s are alive. He is God and he spoke us into existence. His words are alive. His word is Jesus and he is not only the word of God in law, he is also the spirit of God's law. That's how awesome that God the Father is. Because Jesus is God's word [in spirit], Jesus has all of the authority of God the Father. He is like the hand of God. Now because God loves his word, which is alive. He loves his word with so much love that his LOVE is alive. That;s how awesome God is, that not only is his word alive, but his love is alive also. To me, his love is the Holy spirit. Not an active force, but true to the scriptures, showing all the attributes of a coherent being.

Was his challenge answered? I think 'yes'

What say you?

TTWSYF

• cofty
    cofty

Just noticed I have unfinished business here. My apologies TTWSYF. I will reply asap

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

This is me holding my breath

You were expecting the description of a grotesque 3 headed monster God like pastor Russell taught?! LOL

• fulano
    fulano

It's amazing to see how such a silly book, or books as you wish, causes so much division, different opinions and enmity. The word of god, my a*s. Bad written, contradictory, full of fairy tales. Thinking back of the days we discussed on saturday mornings, in our town full of reformed people at the doors trinity for hours and ours. Agitated, ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit