Who is The Lord?

by JW Answers 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Snare&racket - Explaining how three gods can be one.....

1. A silly analogy.... "Water can be a liquid, gas or a solid and god can be god, man and spirit." The resson an analogy is reauired, not becaue the listener is intellectually challenged and requires help, but the point being made is so illogical, irrational and unproven an analogy is required to distract away from the original issue.

It's not 3 gods being one. It's one God in three persons and the Church says that it is a mystery that cannot be understood...acknowledged.

Your analogy of water is incorrect.. Water in liquid, gas and solid is what Cofty alluded to when he wrote of Modalism. Isn't that right Cofty?

I'm not replying here to convert you or anyone else. I am just replying to the opening topic about 'Who is the Lord'.

JW answers got treated quite poorly [in my mind] by Cofty and his same ol same ol.

News flash Cofty. The trinity cannot be explained as there is nothing to compare to God. You keep saying how 'I challenge anyone to do it' Then you boost of how no one can. DUHHH, no kidding, but you wear it like you're a genius. You're not, you're just another bully picking on anyone who doesn't think the way you do.

Still didn't answer if the bible says Jesus and/or the Holy Ghost is God. Can't ever acknowledge a mistake can you pal?

On another note, What's wrong with my analogy of time being in 3 states but always time, always agreeing and never contradicting? Which heresy am I promoting?

You won't answer, you'll just rant about something else that promotes your high opinions of your own beliefs.

The Truth Will Set You Free

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

slimboyfat3 hours ago

Well I would tend to oppose the Trinity on the grounds that it is contrary to scripture.

I respectfully disagree. There are a boat load of explicit scriptures stating that 3 [Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost] are God in the scriptures

• Onager
    Onager

JW Answers, you appear to be trying to save people from the burning building that is the JW organisation by inviting them to jump into your dumpster fire.

• cofty
    cofty
    News flash Cofty. The trinity cannot be explained as there is nothing to compare to God. - TTWSYF

Thank you for confirming that the trinity is impossible to explain.

The problem is that xtians keep on pretending that the reason it can't be explained is that the trinity is so profound and mysterious that it can't be comprehended intellectually. That is dishonest. The explanation is much simpler. The trinity is a piece of early-medieval sophistry. It contains clauses that are self-contradictory. It is like positing a four-sided triangle and then hiding behind 'mystery'. No it isn't, it's just bullshit.

Xtians affirmed a commitment to monotheism but in practice they came to a position of worship and adoration of Jesus. The mental gymnastics of the trinity was the solution arrived at following much acrimony.

It is as much of a fudge as the 'overlapping generation'. Perhaps JWs should start describing that as a 'mystery' too.

You keep saying how 'I challenge anyone to do it' Then you boost of how no one can. DUHHH, no kidding, but you wear it like you're a genius. You're not, you're just another bully picking on anyone who doesn't think the way you do.

Accusing somebody of being a bully for respectfully engaging in debate about xtian dogma on a religious discussion forum is pathetic. I am the one discussing facts and reason while you and JWA throw out personal attacks and insults. Hypocrite.

Still didn't answer if the bible says Jesus and/or the Holy Ghost is God. Can't ever acknowledge a mistake can you pal?

I'm not your pal.

The evolution of the divinity of Jesus can be traced through the NT. I can argue powerfully from the bible that Jesus is not god and that he is god. The truth is that the bible does not contain a consistent Christology.

On another note, What's wrong with my analogy of time being in 3 states but always time, always agreeing and never contradicting? Which heresy am I promoting?

It's a horribly convoluted illustration. Time is not a person. It doesn't 'agree' or 'contradict'. It is never in 3 states. Future and past are not objective things they are subjective constructs.

The bible nowhere contains a clear statement of the trinity. Not even once did Jesus state it. That was such an embarrassment to the church they had to invent a verse in 1 John.

Still waiting for a simple description of the trinity. The challenge stands. All your hand-waving notwithstanding.

• Steel
    Steel

Man I wish I knew how to quote here but to the poster who asked who that figure who spoke as god , for the invisible god in the Old Testament.

John 1 18.

Thats the part of the trinity that is pretty straight forward.

• cofty
    cofty

Steel - So if Jesus is the same person as the god of the Old Testament then Jesus is a genocidal, baby-murdering tyrant.

The trinity dogma makes it impossible to separate 'gentle Jesus meek and mild' from the maniac who disgusts all rational people.

• Steel
    Steel

You must be lots of fun at parties.

• cofty
    cofty

Amazingly difficult to get a xtian apologist to concentrate for more than two minutes.

If in doubt - attack!

• Steel
    Steel

When I was attending meeting , I had no idea that the Tetragrammaton was being directly applied to Christ in the new testament , or there was a figure in the Old Testament called the word of the lord. All kind of weird shit. God talking to god. Eve n something like Paul using language are great god and father and lord and saviour Jesus Christ is loaded language to a Jew mirroring the shema. Oh Israel the lord is our god, the lord is one.

Is there a dead too rights christology in the bible ? ........no. But is there a narrative pointing in a single direction ? I believe so.

The really weird part is I have never met a jw that really has any concept of why Christians believe what they do, right or wrong. They couldn't make an arguement for or against the weird shit because it completely went over their heads.

Sadly not much has changed here.

• cofty
    cofty

Steel - I was an evangelical xtian. I probably understand theology better than most christians.

The trinity is nowhere in the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit